“Great experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Rica Kayak Fishing - Day Tours

Costa Rica Kayak Fishing - Day Tours
100mts este, 50 mts sur Las Gaviotas | Casa de cemento, Puerto Jimenez 8203-16, Costa Rica
506-27355629
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 19 activities in Puerto Jimenez
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Kayak fishing is the hottest new adventure in Puerto Jimenez, come and fish with the best. We use Ocean Kayaks and also have tours in the mangroves, as well as a sunset dolphin watch. Our tours are personal (4 persons or less) and we guarantee your satisfaction. Also, we will be offering room and board with our trips, please inquire via email.
N CA
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We went on a kayaking trip through the mangroves and had a fantastic time! Joe is very knowledgeable about birds and plants and took us places we'd never have found on our own.

Visited June 2012

Sarasota, Florida
“Joe must have been having a bad day”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

He might be a good guide for some but I didn't have a very good experience with him. He has good kayaks.He has gear you can borrow. But really your money is wasted on this guy. Sabiki your own live bait, live rig one and wait for the pick up...
The day I went with Joe he wasn't such a hot guide. All he did was smoke pot and try his best to keep his distance from me and do his own fishing on his own. At one point we were 400 yards apart. I couldn't understand why my guide didn't want to talk and seemed to want to avoid me until i noticed the smoke coming from his kayak. I paddled over to him as he puffed away and asked him how the pot was he admitted as much. Suddenly the guys behavior made sense. Dude, just a suggestion, get high AFTER work.
I couldn't care less what people do but really I have never had a worse experience with such and unprofessional guide. He was arrogant, self absorbed and stoned. Hopefully he was just having a bad day but be warned. The guy was more into himself than anything else out on the water.

Philadelphia, PA
11 attraction reviews
“Relaxed, beautiful, fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Took an afternoon kayak with Joe. Had a nice paddle, saw some bottlenose dolphins close up, went for a swim and ate a fresh fruit snack on the beach. Outstanding.

Visited April 2012
Olympia, Washington
“Fantastic morning kayak tour through the mangroves”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I had a relaxing morning paddle up the mangrove lined river. This was a fun way to go birding -Be sure bring your camera, binoculars, and plenty of water. Joe was an excellent guide and naturalist! Next time i'll try fishing from the kayak.

Anacortes, Washington
“Great Experience Kayaking and touring botanical gardens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

If you want a great experience kayaking near Puerto Jimenez call Joe. We had an excellent time kayaking in the Mangroves and walking through a botanical garden-preserve with him. He is very knowledgeable about all the local flora and fauna and will go out of his way to know you are enjoying yourself. I would highly recommend his company especially for those who would love the thrill of reeling in a big fish from a kayak or seeking a quiet nature paddle on the Osa peninsula.