This is our second trip to Casa Corcovado. We were there in 2010 and returned the first week of December. The hotel not only lived up to our wonderful memories but exceeded them and my husband and I are already trying to figure out when we can go back again.
This time we took my mother to celebrate her 65th birthday. She sometimes has some issues walking and we found everyone very accommodating and helpful to make sure that she had just as wonderful of an experience as everyone else.
We stayed for 6 nights (I would have stayed for weeks if I could). We toured the national park, Cano island, went horseback riding on San Josecito beach, went to Sirena ranger station and had a day just to enjoy the hotel grounds and beach.
We are major wildlife lovers and saw so much while we were there. On the grounds alone we saw coati, scarlet macaws, howler monkeys, sloths, capuchin monkeys, toucans, and numerous frogs, birds and butterflies. On our day off (which was one of the best days) my mother was relaxing in a hammock on the beach and 4 scarlet macaws landed in the tree above her to eat almonds. It is probably one of the best experiences of her life.
While we did a lot when we were here in 2010, this was the first time my husband and I went to Sirena. I highly recommend it. We saw an anteater which I had never seen before, spider monkeys, squirrel monkeys, capuchin monkeys, howler monkeys, tiger heron, trogon, iguana, blue heron, hummingbirds, coati, etc. etc. etc. We will definitely be back and I think we will even camp there a night or two so I can see my elusive tapir.
The staff is wonderful. Leo was our guide for most of the trip. He was very conscious of my mother needing a slower speed and offered a helping hand for getting in and out of the boat, etc. He was extremely flexible to take us on a last minute night hike, morning bird watch, etc. He even gave us good tips for finding the wildlife on our own when he was not around. Jacob was our guide to Sirena. He was very nice also and worked very hard to make sure he found us as much wildlife as possible. Rudy, Jose and Alejandro were our food/ drink staff and they always had a big smile. Alfonso is the manager and although you can tell he takes his job very seriously, he is equally funny, charming and so very welcoming. He told me several times to think of the resort as my home.
The grounds are amazing. The beach is beautiful. The rooms are lovely. The pools are great. Everything was clean and inviting.
I want to note some improvements from our last trip. They have remodeled the shower in the bungalow and it is definitely very beautiful. I love the view of outside. The food was good before but even better this time. We did not have a bad meal/ course. I had the best mahi mahi of my life for lunch after our San Josecito trip.
We love to travel and rarely go to the same place twice but are definitely already talking about when we can get back to Casa Corcovado and what we want to do when we get there. It truly is a paradise for those passionate about nature and wildlife.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Corcovado Jungle Hotel Corcovado National Park
- Casa Corcovado Jungle Hotel
- Hotel Casa Corcovado Jungle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set above a palm-fringed beach in tropical gardens, and surrounded by 170 acres of pristine rainforest, Casa Corcovado is the ultimate combination of luxurious comfort and adventure - a place where you can spot big cats on jungle trails, have an entire beach to yourselves, snorkel with manta rays, and relax with a gin and tonic by the pool. The tranquil hilltop setting means awe-inspiring views and the best of the both ocean and rainforest breezes. The lovely bungalows are spaced throughout the lush garden for maximum peace and privacy. Casa Corcovado offers the closest accommodation to Corcovado National Park, the crown jewel of Costa Rica's extraordinary, world-renowned national park system. As the two protected areas lie side by side, guests are able to access the national park on foot via the hotel's private trails - just one of the many guided tours on offer. ... more less