Where to start, well I suppose it starts at Pavos Airfield, a short flight, a short car ride and then a 2 hour trip down the river and along the coast. What a start and you've not even reached the best bit.
I've read a number of the previous reviews and noted the various moans. If you don't want bugs in your room don't go to the rain forest. If you want an a la carte menu, don't go to a 14 room lodge in the middle of a rain forest.
I spent 4 night at Casa Corcovado and I cannot fault the lodge, the staff, the food or the rain forest. My room, no8, was excellent. No it didn't have WiFi, or air con, but I'm in the middle of nowhere, I didn't expect it to, but it was comfortable, roomy and well looked after. No I didn't have an a la carte menu to chose from and with only 14 rooms I didn't expect it, however the food was excellent, well presented and there was plenty of it. The excursions and trips were great, the guides were very knowledgable, friendly and helpful, what more do you want. If you want pampering in 5 star luxury, don't go here, it's not for you. If you want to have a fantastic experience in a rain forest location and be looked after by a great team of people and have some damn good food into the bargin then I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set above a palm-fringed beach in tropical gardens, and surrounded by 170 acres of pristine rainforest, Casa Corcovado is the ultimate combination of luxurious comfort and adventure - a place where you can spot big cats on jungle trails, have an entire beach to yourselves, snorkel with manta rays, and relax with a gin and tonic by the pool. The tranquil hilltop setting means awe-inspiring views and the best of the both ocean and rainforest breezes. The lovely bungalows are spaced throughout the lush garden for maximum peace and privacy. Casa Corcovado offers the closest accommodation to Corcovado National Park, the crown jewel of Costa Rica's extraordinary, world-renowned national park system. As the two protected areas lie side by side, guests are able to access the national park on foot via the hotel's private trails - just one of the many guided tours on offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Casa Corcovado Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Corcovado Jungle Hotel Corcovado National Park
- Hotel Casa Corcovado Jungle