“fascinating but much will depend on your guide...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Corcovado National Park

Corcovado National Park
Parque Nacional Corcovado | Peninsula de Osa, Carate, Corcovado National Park, Costa Rica
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Attractions in Carate
Type: National Parks, Outdoors
New Braunfels Texas
29 attraction reviews
“fascinating but much will depend on your guide...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is a beautiful jungle preserve. It is well worth the trip although much of what you will see depends on your guide, time of year and time of day you visit. For most of us, spotting wildlife in the dense canopy and forest floor is just about impossible without assistance from someone who is trained and knows the area. Make sure to take a poncho and bug spray. You are likely to need both.

Visited August 2012

Belp, Bern, Switzerland
“worth a second trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

just got a peek of the park. We hike in about 5km along the coast. We definately would love to come back and explore the interior.

Visited August 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“one of the most amazing places I have ever gone...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

It is the biggest and most biologically diverse area in Costa Rica. During my 7hr hike to Sirena Station I saw tapirs, sloths, ant eaters, a PUMA, hundreds of birds and insects, primary forest trees where I was just as tall as mid-roots! It is a magical place where you really feel like you are one with nature...you are the tourist, not them. I loved everything about this place. The hike is long, but totally worth it. You hike about 3 hours in sand, sunny beach, so make sure to pack light. Bring a bag for your trash to bring it back if camping or staying in the station dorms. Cross 4 rivers (last one can be very, very deep if crossed in high tide). This last one is called Rio Claro. Bug repellent 100% and sunblock. A camera is definitely your biggest priority as the amount of wildlife you see here you will see 1:1; no car, no boundaries.

Visited July 2012
Son
“Great trip in Corcovado NP Costa Rica + topguide Cristhian Jimenez”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

During my Costa Rica Tour we visited of course Corcovado NP. Cristhian drives us by car and boat to parc entrance Serena. The trip to Serena was allready an adventure. The trail we walked was off the beaten road. Great. No tourists at all. And of course we spotted a lot of birds, monkeys, special medical plants, huge trees and even tapirtraces, crocodiles and jaws in the estuary. I can advise you this organisation. For more information contact:
Cristhian Jimenez, see reviews on Osa Travel Tours / Puerto Jimenez Centro, Puntarenas 82003, Costa Rica / (506) 8825-6065

Visited July 2012
Portland, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
“I Left My Heart in the Osa Peninsula”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I found myself in Osa during the rainy season of 2011 but was able to make it to Corcovado National Park non-the-less. It was an amazing experience. So amazing that I returned to the area for another 4 months in the early spring of 2012. I hope to return in the future for another trip to the park. I highly recommend having a guide. There were so many things that I wouldn't have seen without one! I was very fortunate and saw 3 different tapir in one day! Next time I'm hoping to see an ocelot!

Visited November 2011