We wholeheartedly agree with all the positive comments (great food, beautiful location, eco-friendly, reasonably priced) we've read. Rather than repeat these here we'll describe the part of our experience that was distinct from other reviewers by virtue of the fact that we were two single-parent families traveling together (for the first time). Our children are 6 and 10 years old and the fit was perfect for both, as well as for the adults. Importantly the Finca "family" was able to accommodate our diverse needs -- from altering food choices to provide more kid-friendly options, to driving fast asleep kids up the hill after dinner (we were staying in the beautiful cabina at the top of the hill). We had plenty of engaging adult conversations during meals with other guests who arrived with a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. But we also got to spend tons of quality time adventuring with our kids. A perfect mix. In short, we were able to have a "kid-friendly" vacation without having to succomb to the watered-down vacations typically marketed to families (club med and such).
A few comments on the individuals involved. Shane was extremely helpful. The garden tour was one of the highlights -- he was able to engage us all of us at our different levels of interests and prior knowledge. He also gave surfing lessons to the most beginning of beginners. It was really helpful to have the step-out experience organizers on campus as well -- we hope this partnership continues. Martine and Chris were uniformly helpful and friendly and helped us plan "off-campus" activities. Marcos and Gabriella were engaging and involved hosts -- from having us in their home for dinner, to providing impromptu descriptions of local flora and fauna, to providing art supplies to our children. Everyone on campus without fail though was helpful and nice.
Finally, Polly. What to say. Polly cannot be described in mere words. Polly is a scarlet macaw that lives on the beach near Finca. We had a bit of a love-hate relationship with Polly but she definitely made our experience more memorable and added to the adventure and stories.
In short we had an amazing time that we will never forget and we're very grateful to the Finca family for providing us with such a beautiful, friendly and comfortable home for our adventures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Exotica eco lodge is a Wildlife Refuge property in this pristine area of Costa Rica, and the closest place to Corcovado National Park accessible by car.Our beach lodge is equipped to meet all of your needs – be it a romantic couple’s escape, a group retreat, a professional conference or a family vacation. Our facilities surround our central meeting place, Casa Grande, which hosts the organic food restaurant with a communal dining table and stretches out to an amphitheater suited for presentations and lectures by day and dance parties by night. Between them is the bar and together they all encompass the terrace where you can lounge under the open sky or swing in a hamock in the shades of almond trees, while Scarlett Macaws are feeding on them. Tents, cabins, rentals and other facilities stem out from this centerpiece to provide easy access near the beach, an isolated meditation ambiance and quaint trails that lead you through the labyrinth of exotic plant life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Finca Exotica Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Exotica Hotel Carate
- Finca Exotica Ecolodge Costa Rica/Carate