DAD: This past April my family traveled to Fina Exotica and had the best time. The place was simply wonderful. Coco the chef served great meals and Marcus and Gabrielle made us feel at home. It is the jungle, so you must have a sense of adventure, but as my 10 year old said, "This place is in the jungle, but still feels like home."
The other highlight was all the wild life, Halloween crabs, monkeys, birds, snakes, insects, lizards, anteaters and the amazing views and crashing surf. The morning yoga was also terrific and I was sad when we had to leave. If your family likes adventure and getting away, this is a perfect place.
MOM: Didn't want to leave. It took a night to get used to sleeping exposed to the wilderness but then fell in love with all the sounds of nature. Looked forward to yoga with Jodi and the delicious afternoon teas. We really enjoyed Phoebes presentation on sea turtles and her garden tour.
Son 12: Everybody there was so friendly to show us around and it immediately made us feel at home. The food was so amazing and fresh I looked forward to the meals. The wildlife was awesome, and you could see all of it up close. The garden tour was great, and all of the plants they had were really cool. I really really hope I can go back there some day.
Son 10: Wild life was the best! We were living right in the jungle! Everyone was so nice.
Son 8: Wild life awesome! Everyone was nice! Great food and snacks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Exotica eco lodge is a Wildlife Refuge property in this pristine area of Costa Rica, and the closest place to Corcovado National Park accessible by car.Our beach lodge is equipped to meet all of your needs – be it a romantic couple’s escape, a group retreat, a professional conference or a family vacation. Our facilities surround our central meeting place, Casa Grande, which hosts the organic food restaurant with a communal dining table and stretches out to an amphitheater suited for presentations and lectures by day and dance parties by night. Between them is the bar and together they all encompass the terrace where you can lounge under the open sky or swing in a hamock in the shades of almond trees, while Scarlett Macaws are feeding on them. Tents, cabins, rentals and other facilities stem out from this centerpiece to provide easy access near the beach, an isolated meditation ambiance and quaint trails that lead you through the labyrinth of exotic plant life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Finca Exotica Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Exotica Hotel Carate
- Finca Exotica Ecolodge Costa Rica/Carate