We arrived at Finca for 3 nights prior to our hike into Corcavado Park. Upon arrival we were shown to our tent with a platform porch. We were pleased with the tent, however surprisingly, 2 teeth were missing from the zipper and the zipper kept spitting. I thought this should have been inspected prior to our arrival. My husband repaired the tent on the first night with duct tape. The next day, the staff thankfully replaced the tent entirely.
The 1st 4 meals were entirely disappointing with extremely small portions. I was actually shocked on morning one to receive a plate with small portion of scrambled eggs, 1 slice of tomato and small slice of avocado. There was no offer from staff forthcoming for seconds and no one dared to ask. The 8 people who sat together at dinner and quietly gossipped agreed that the staff were standoffish and distant.
On day 2, I stood at the bar for 5 minutes waiting for help while one of the staff had a personal conversation with a family member without acknowledging me. I found this very rude.
On our last day, the regular chef arrived back after 2 days off and there was a huge improvement in the food, portion size, quality etc. We were thrilled, however disappointed that for 2 days, we had been famished.
I would suggest that more torches be put up on the pathways, given that no hydro was available to the tents on the grounds and it was very dark by 6 PM. This would have made things a bit better.
The showers and toilets were very clean and the communal deck was beautiful.
Gratefully, after flying back from Corcavado, the owner transported our bags and ID to the Puerto Jimenez airstrip, 48 km's away.
I really think Finca could have done better.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Exotica Hotel Carate
- Finca Exotica Hotel
- Finca Exotica Costa Rica/Carate
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Exotica is an ecolodge retreat, organic farm, and main part of the Saimiri biological refuge situated in the Osa Peninsula on Carate Beach, dedicated to conservation and sustainable healthy living. We are the closest lodge to Corcovado National Park accessible by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Finca Exotica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.