we just returned from finca exotica where we stayed during winter break - we were 2 families, parents and 5 teenagers between us. this spot is literally paradise. staying in the jungle, living in lovely thatched roof cabins, listening to the monkeys and birds, eating the most delicious food, meeting interesting people, relaxing on the most exquisite, pristine beach, swimming in the warm water, watching the dramatic sunsets...i could go on...rainforest hike to the waterfall...did i mention the delicious, best meals? in the beginning, the teenagers grumbled big time about the lack of electricity and internet. by the time we left, they were bragging about how easy (and cool) it was to do without. if you're looking for a true escape from the noise and glare of western culture, then this is your place. if you're looking for air-conditioning, infinity pools, flat screens and turn down service, go elsewhere. i feel happy just knowing this place exists in the universe. everyone there was lovely and accommodating, helpful and gracious. we can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Exotica eco lodge is a Wildlife Refuge property in this pristine area of Costa Rica, and the closest place to Corcovado National Park accessible by car.Our beach lodge is equipped to meet all of your needs – be it a romantic couple’s escape, a group retreat, a professional conference or a family vacation. Our facilities surround our central meeting place, Casa Grande, which hosts the organic food restaurant with a communal dining table and stretches out to an amphitheater suited for presentations and lectures by day and dance parties by night. Between them is the bar and together they all encompass the terrace where you can lounge under the open sky or swing in a hamock in the shades of almond trees, while Scarlett Macaws are feeding on them. Tents, cabins, rentals and other facilities stem out from this centerpiece to provide easy access near the beach, an isolated meditation ambiance and quaint trails that lead you through the labyrinth of exotic plant life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Finca Exotica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Exotica Hotel Carate
- Finca Exotica Costa Rica/Carate