Yes the roads are kind of crazy to traverse, yes it will take you longer then you ever thought possible to go the short 40 -50 kms from Puerto Jiminez but it's well worth it. And yes you will question where the road went and why there are rivers in the way...just forge ahead! My boyfriend and I stayed here Dec 3-8th, it was amazing. If you expect an upscale mexico resort this is not for you, as an eco lodge you will need a flashlight and some hiking shoes or crocs but how can you compare that to a beach all to yourself...literally I went out by the hammocks in the morning and it was just me and the hermit crabs on the beach as far as I could see and all the amazing animals. I'm a picky eater but with few exceptions I found the food to be really delicious even the meals that didn't have meat were great. I'm unable to eat flour and they made sure to make small changes necessary so that I could enjoy almost everything as well. We also highly recommended Erik our guide into Corcovado park, my boyfriend also went fishing with him the day before with his friends and was really stoked about it. Thanks to all the staff including Phoebe who lent us her phone because we didn't have watches or phones so we could get up for our early hike and all the other great people at Finca. I completely disagree with the one person who posted negative comments they sound like they were somewhere totally different. We had an amazing time, this is definetely for the more outdoorsy types but it is just incredible, you won't regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Exotica eco lodge is a Wildlife Refuge property in this pristine area of Costa Rica, and the closest place to Corcovado National Park accessible by car.Our beach lodge is equipped to meet all of your needs – be it a romantic couple’s escape, a group retreat, a professional conference or a family vacation. Our facilities surround our central meeting place, Casa Grande, which hosts the organic food restaurant with a communal dining table and stretches out to an amphitheater suited for presentations and lectures by day and dance parties by night. Between them is the bar and together they all encompass the terrace where you can lounge under the open sky or swing in a hamock in the shades of almond trees, while Scarlett Macaws are feeding on them. Tents, cabins, rentals and other facilities stem out from this centerpiece to provide easy access near the beach, an isolated meditation ambiance and quaint trails that lead you through the labyrinth of exotic plant life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Finca Exotica Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Exotica Hotel Carate
- Finca Exotica Ecolodge Costa Rica/Carate