Off the grid, 100% nature. We had a cabin up the hill from the "casa grande". The view to the pacific was unbelievable. We could hear the wildlife 24 hrs/day, as well as the crash of the waves on the beach. Our cabin was isolated enough that we never saw anyone while there. The main house with restaurant, bar and lookout platform was designed very well and fits perfectly with the philosophy of the owner, Markus. Eco-tourism at its purest. Natural energy, organic garden which was used every day in the cooking. The staff were very friendly and we could even help with some turtle rescue work. Erik the guide is a great guy!
- Also Known As:
- Finca Exotica Hotel
- Finca Exotica Hotel Carate
- Finca Exotica Costa Rica/Carate
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located in Carate, on the southern coast of the Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica, 42 km from Puerto Jimenez. Passing Matapalo, you'll find us at the end of the road that accesses the Corcovado National Park.Enjoy the advantages of a beach resort next to Corcovado National park with protected tropical nature, rustic accommodations, organic food, gardens, yoga, swimming, hiking trails, tours & sustainable education.The liberating open style lodging here lets you enjoy the fresh air, gaze into nature, and hear the beauty of it all in comfort. We are happy to offer a choice of uniquely hand crafted cabins here in Carate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Finca Exotica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.