“Beware! Not Italian food - not sure you can even call it food...” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Montgomery, Alabama
“Beware! Not Italian food - not sure you can even call it food...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Where do I begin? The food was just bad, just really bad. I'm surprised at the good reviews on numerous websites that made us decide to go here, and really really disappointed that we left after paying for such horrible food. My sisters and I went to celebrate my birthday expecting a great evening with delicious Italian food. I have never written a review for a restaurant but we were so upset about this experience, I feel the need to warn others. Maybe it's because I usually cook my own food and I understand what real food taste like, but the food tasted like an old cheap microwavable meal - maybe worse. Two of my sisters got the Chicken Marsala and the marsala sauce tasted like ...and I quote "vomit." One bite and they couldn't finish. So the server offered another option - they opted for the lasagna. My other sister and I split the Chicken Picata. The chicken tasted like old rubbery bulk frozen chicken. The noodles, supposedly fettuccine, were like eggs noodles and so overcooked - they were mushy with no flavor whatsoever. My youngest sister, feeling bad for hating the food, decided to eat it anyway. Needless to say, she was on the toilet all night. The only saving grace of the night was my wine, and luckily didn't come in a styrofoam cup like my sisters' drinks. We took the lasagna to go and my sister attempted to taste it the next day. She said it was indescribable and had a chemical like taste to it. The worst lasagna she has ever tasted. In the trash it went. Such a waste of money and very disappointed about what was supposed to be my 30th bday celebration. I should mention that the service was great and no complaints there. Maybe they feel bad for serving people such disgusting food. I feel a little bad for writing such a review, but on the rare occasion that we go out to enjoy a meal, we have to at least expect to receive something edible.

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Best in Montgomery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

There aren't a lot of Italian places to eat at in Montgomery, but this one is by far the best around. My husband and I go here every so often and try to order something different every time. Everything has been delish! Pizzas are only served Tues-Thursday, so make sure you go sometime during the week. You get a ton of food for the price and it's usually enough for an extra meal or two! Don't be discouraged by the outside which could use a little updating, and if the weather is nice, ask if you can sit outside!

Montgomery, Alabama
“AWFUL EXPERIENCE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

My husband and I went here for dinner and got up and left after taking one bite of our veal parm. The breading was falling off and the taste was awful. My husband ordered a caprese salad and it arrived with parmesean sprinkled on top, wilted basil and no balsamic vinegarette. Waitress looked suprised when we asked for it and stated "Oh, do you need some?" Went to get some and 10 minutes later came back to inform us they were out. The marinara is obviously canned. Sat outside, which we thought would be nice until the mosquitos came out. Needless to say, we will never go back. Though the manager did give us a gift certificate for return visit.

Visited April 2011
Alexander City, Alabama
“My wife & I love Casa Napoli restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

We have eaten at Italian restaurants around the U.S., on cruise ships, in Italy. It is second to none. We have never been disappointed in the food, service, ambiance. The Italian cream cake is a memorable gastronomic delight. We eat there often, driving from out of town to do so. We proudly recommend the restaurant to our friends.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Titus, Alabama
“Delicious Traditional Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

My husband and I went to Cafe Napoli last week, and it was delicious. There are many things to choose from on the menu, so we tried the traditional Italian. I had manicotti and my husband had spaghetti. Both were spectacular. I could tell it was all made at the restaurant. The bread was wonderful as well. Italian bread topped with butter, garlic and a little parmesan cheese.

The wine list was small but they had some variety and very well priced.
The atmosphere is casual and comfortable.
Our server was very attentive and polite.

We'll be back soon