“worst casino ever” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Attractions in Wetumpka
Sylacauga, Alabama
“worst casino ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I started going here because I take my mother and father from time to time. It is the worst casino on the face of the earth. They might give out 7 jackpots per night on occasion, that is 7! With the business they do they should be giving out more. The machines turn off at certain times, like during tournaments and just flat out stop hitting. When they do hit you barely get anything. My family and I decided to save our money and just go to real casino where we at least might have some fun. Only go to Wetumpka if you are ok with making a donation. Until that hotel is paid for nobody is winning anything.I get gambling is a risk but for pete's sake, it is only gambling if you occasionally win something. Otherwise it is just a donation. Also, don't bother taking a lot of money. More money in the machines is not going to up your chances. You'd be better off just throwing your money in the trash or lighting it on fire. Check out the complaints on this place. There are many and they are not without merit.

Visited August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Very beautiful hotel and casino the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and beautiful large shower. The restaurant was great.

“Had a good time with only one complaint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My wife and I desided to go Saturday and had a great time. The fish tanks are very nice, there's plenty of games to choose from, and the payouts not bad. We went with $100 to spend and left with $300. Only thing bad about the trip was the buffet sucked. The food was cold and was tasteless. The lady that took us to our seat acted like she wanted to be doing anything else, and the guy cutting the meat strips wasnt any bettter. We actually left and went to a waffle house it was that bad. Serivce everywhere else was fine. It didnt take to long to get drinks at the machines and the staff was helpful on the gaming floor. We will definitely go back we just wont ever eat there again.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
“The rooms are what makes this place acceptable.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I would suggest this place for a fun weekend of dumping your money into someone else's pocket via 'slot machines' only for the reason that the rooms and accommodations are superb. We have stayed here multiple times and the suite we usually get is exceptional. Even on one trip when we received a 'standard' room, we found it to be spacious and comfy. It was clean and cozy. And the service at front door valet and concierge was suitable and friendly.

The 'floor' itself was a traditional Alabama 'slot machine' floor with no live games, as every machine is actually a bingo game in disguise, for those who don't know. However, for those who like to shove their spare cash into a machine and hit buttons all day with hopes of getting rich quick, then i guess it delivers on excitement and atmosphere. (If you like breathing second hand smoke.) The only other thing that we like about this place besides the hotel rooms, is the fabulous fish tank at the center of the bar in the center of the gambling floor. Besides that, it is the typical casino full of predominantly large, unhealthy, broke smokers who keep spending their kids' college funds and their personal retirement money on wasteful motions involving pushing buttons and self absorbed thinking with little hope of moving out of their double wide trailers.
No offense to Wind Creek for providing a decent product for the habitually lazy. But as an infrequent player, I enjoyed spending more of my time by the beautiful swimming pool (which doesn't stay open late enough) or on the balcony of my suite. PLAY ON, gamblers, PLAY ON!....

Carrollton, GA
17 attraction reviews
“Short drive from Georgia, no real issues this time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My last review of this property was written in April. I expressed a few minor complaints, and it seems that the management is trying very hard to address issues that are brought to their attention.

I visited with my 21 year old niece for a belated birthday celebration. Valet was fast and friendly, and the checkin wait time seemed greatly improved over my last experience. Everything about the room was perfect, including a nice view of the Coosa River, which we didn't even think to ask for! Quality of food at the grille was pretty good (much better than my previous experience at the seafood buffet). Never encountered any unplayable/malfunctioning machines. Head of security offered my niece a bracelet to stop the hassle of getting ID'd every ten minutes, which was great. All employees we encountered were professional and courteous. This was the first visit where I actually checked out the pool, which wasn't that impressive, but I never go to the casino to lounge in the pool, anyway.

Previously, I complained about the horrible drink ordering system. With the exception of the very first drink order arriving 20 minutes after we placed it, it seems that there has been a vast improvement in speed of service. Every time we placed a drink order after that, our drinks arrived within a couple of minutes. I noticed that they had also added a couple of brands of beer that have been unavailable on my previous visits, which was a pleasant surprise.

Unfortunately, my niece didn't have much luck. I was down about $600 for the night and about to call it quits when I had a good hit on a machine and got my money back. I never come expecting to make a profit, though. I count it as the price for entertainment, and I love to play and simply forget about all worries at the moment.

We will definitely be back to this beautiful property.