We spent 5 days of our honeymoon in the beautiful El Remanso, and it was truly unforgettable. having used trip advisor extensively before travelling, I know I was looking for people to get to the point and give me the good, so I shall do the same :)
1) Service: From the moment we first made contact with them, Gabby made us feel like old friends, she is gracious, detailed and happy to answer every single question (and I had many). Upon arriving in the beautiful Osa, the service - from Gabby personally meeting us on the runway, to the welcome drinks and lunch be made ready as we arrived at the lodge, to everyone knowing our name, and every single day making every effort to making us feel completely at home (Sergio was amazing!) - the service and hospitality was the best we've ever experienced, and we have traveled extensively.
2) Location, location, location: We were in every way - in the middle of the rainforest - amidst all of natures wonders and glories. Surrounded by beautiful, lush greenery and fascinating creatures: red eye frogs, toucans, monkeys etc (Waking up to the sound of Howlers monkeys is a treat!). Yes, being real city folks it took some getting used to, especially deal with walking through a dark rainforest the first night back to our cabin. Warning: If you are here for a luxury beach resort: this is not the place for you. You are in the midst of nature and it is a beautiful experience.
3)Food: fantastic! Every meal was memorable!
4) The Lodge: spotless, absolutely clean. It is charming and very beautiful. Our cabin was gorgeous. The pool isn't much, but we weren't there for the pool. Now, something important to note is that the Beach is a good 20 minute hike through a rainforest path downhill (and ofcourse, uphill coming back). Once you get down there it is stunning, very Robinson Crusoe-esque - a completely deserted beach, stretching for miles. You cannot swim in the water, as the tides are just too strong. There are tidepools that you "can" swim in, but we didn't, as they were filled with creatures (fish, crabs) and sea urchins. It is amazing to see them however, and take cool pictures.
5) The Experience: Relaxing and romantic. You can't quite describe how majestic the rainforests are, and I really fell in love with the whole place. Take every hike you can, the guides are phenomenal, waterfall rappelling was a blast! It was an unforgettable honeymoon.
1- Bring a flashlight, a good rain coat, watershoes, sturdy hiking shoes - you'll need all these items and will use them well.
2- Ask Gabby lots of questions, and even when you get there ask questions if you have them. The staff are very obliging, and really want you to have a great stay.
- Also Known As:
- El Remanso Hotel Osa Peninsula
- El Remanso Osa
- El Remanso Lodge Costa Rica/Osa Peninsula