Wow, I cannot recommend Lapa Rios highly enough. The setting is spectacular -- bungalows are in a quiet, beautiful rainforest with stunning views of the Pacific. The service is first-rate, and the bungalows are quite comfortable, with hot showers, clean beds, polished wooden floors, etc. The restaurant is quite good (with one or two minor exceptions, like the chayote ceviche), with a surprising variety of dishes and a nice wine list. Included in the price of your stay is a variety of hikes led by nature guides who have both serious knowledge of biology and a real feel for the forest. (They help you spot the fairly obvious animals, like monkeys, but also more rare critters that hide in the woods, like the red-eyed tree frog). I took my 14-year-old nephew to Lapa Rios and he loved every minute. But it's also perfect for adults. We typically did one 2- to 3-hour hike each morning and then relaxed by the very nice pool in the afternoon. We also rented horses (and a guide) one morning,for a ride through the rain forest and along the beach -- great fun. This was one of the nicest hotels I've ever been to, and I travel a lot. I definitely plan to go back!
- Also Known As:
- Lapa Rios Ecolodge Hotel
- Lapa Rios Ecolodge Hotel Playa Matapalo
- Lapa Rios Ecolodge Osa Peninsula Costa Rica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a private nature reserve spread over 1,000 acres of Central America's last remaining lowland tropical rainforest in Costa Rica, Lapa Rios Ecolodge overlooks the pristine point where the Golfo Dulce meets the wild Pacific Ocean, a destination matching everyone's idea of paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Lapa Rios Ecolodge Osa Peninsula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.