This was our second stop of our honeymoon and it was really one of the best. Mariposario was such a great little bed and breakfast and the town was great. Very small. Great place to watch surfers. Tour to Tortuga Island was fun and the walk to Playa Grande is a definite must.
- The workers there are so friendly and helpful. Pauline was extremely friendly had plenty of suggestions for us as we were planning the rest of our trip.
- The rooms are really clean and all decorated/painted uniquely.
- Probably the best included breakfast we had all trip. It was different each morning but always started with plate of fresh fruit, strong coffee, a fresh juice of the day, and a delicious breakfast.
- Has an amazing butterfly garden where you can watch butterflies come out of their chrysalis. So cool.
- Was a 15 minute walk to the Montezuma falls where you can do some cliff diving, swimming, and rope swinging.
- Saw several groups of monkeys in the area.
- Rooms are a little bit tight.
- You can walk up the hill to the B&B, but it's a tough walk and it's just a $2 cab ride
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Mariposario Montezuma Gardens, your Costa Rican bed and breakfast. Come visit our jungle-butterfly-garden by the sea. Once you arrive, your concept of time will vanish! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Mariposario Montezuma Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.