“Beautiful Place!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luna Llena Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Luna Llena Hotel
Save Saved
You added Luna Llena Hotel to your Saves list
50 Mt From Downtown, Montezuma 6111, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Montezuma
Berea, Kentucky
“Beautiful Place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and loved my stay!! I traveled solo and got a private room. The grounds are really beautiful and make you feel as if there's nothing else around. I also had a nice ocean view from my room. Hard to beat for the price. You're also just a short walk from the restaurants and bar. Yes BAR...there is only one, but it is a rather charming place. If I were going back to Montezuma I would stay at Luna Llena again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I had a great experience at Luna Llena. Everything was very clean and comfortable. My room was simple (bed, table, fan, and light), but was all I needed because really, if you´re spending a lot of time in your room, you´re doing it wrong!

The shared bathrooms and showers were very clean, as was the fully equipped kitchen. The common areas were welcoming, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. My laptop did not fit in the safe provided in the room, so they kept it in the office safe for me during my stay. They booked my water taxi to Jaco for no additional premium to the prices in town.

One morning I woke up to a monkey staring at me when I left my room, and another morning there was an ant eater roaming around. Lots of wildlife in the trees surrounding the hotel, which I loved!

Because it is low season now, I was able to get a bigger room for a cheaper price. The only downside was the that wifi was spotty, but that can be expected anywhere in Costa Rica. All in all, I was very happy with my stay at Luna Llena, and I would go back again when I return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I showed up at Luna Llena and walked up the series of steps to find out they were booked solid. I was treated like dirt the second some German woman, with zero to no people skills, found out I didn't have reservations. I talked with fellow travelers I met the following day who had their reservation cancelled because they were an hour late for check in and the owner was, as they put it, "awful and mean". Luna Llena is located off of a windy steep road and away from the fun. I can't comment on the condition of the rooms or cleanliness, just the rude staff.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Milly A, Propietario at Luna Llena Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guests, I would like to apologize for any unpleasant moments in our hotel in the past. From the beginning of December until Easter weekend, we get really busy. To avoid any inconvenient situations, please make a reservation. Also, if anything comes in your way and you will not make it in time, please call us. In these months sometimes people are in line hoping to get a room. It is not always easy to handle stressed out travellers but we do our best as always to accommodate everyone. Safe travelings and sunny regards from Milly & Staff.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here just for one night on a Saturday. I had a single room, which was small but clean and comfy. The hotel put on a BBQ that night, which was excellent. A really sociable, relaxed place with very helpful and accommodating staff.

• Stayed September 2013
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at Luna LLena our first night in Montezuma and had a nice time. We stayed in Cabin 8, the private cabin with a private bath/shower and patio. It was a lot smaller than we expected, but it was very nice. Milly, the owner, was so sweet and helpful. The lounge they have by the office is fantastic! It was so peaceful and quiet (almost too quiet!). They have a kitchen you can help yourself too, a book exchange, they had some light music playing and several couches, chairs, tables, hammocks, etc. I'd have to say the only pain was the ATV's and quads driving were so loud at night. I don't know how much you can avoid that though. The fan in the room came in handy! We were able to sleep comfortably in terms of humidity. Bring a flashlight if you're walking up and down the steps at night! It's pitch black, slippery and steep (that would probably be the only other small complaint I have). All in all, a great stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Queenstown, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed three nights. Although my room was very small and had only a fan, I slept well despite the humidity. Whatever shortcomings the room had were more than offset by the jungle location and stunning deck/breakfast area. We were visited by a monkey and huge iguana at breakfast, and the two cats were always present. It's only two mins walk from the village too. Milly and Ezequiel were very nice and helped to booked tours and confirm arrangements. Other staff kept the place very tidy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had a great stay here. The property is terraced with multiple little hidden walkways that make for an adventure every trip around the hostel. Monkeys and parrots are all around in the trees and you get cool mosquito nets. I would call this my favorite stop on the trip if it hadn't been for the hot nights. We went in early August and the fan in the room just didn't cut the heat. Other than that, it was a FANTASTIC property and was the first one I wanted to review out of the 7 places we stayed in CR. Great, great, great helpful staff who helped us book transportation as well as our next hostel stay in Santa Teresa. I would definitely return here. Feel free to contact me with any questions!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Luna Llena Hotel? Share your experiences!