“Efficient service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 activities in Montezuma
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Zuma Tours, your ocean experts in Montezuma since 1993, Tortuga Island Tour, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Taxi Boat to Jaco & Montezuma, Connections w/ Mal Pais & Santa Teresa, San Jose, Airport, Manuel Antonio, Sport Fishing, Also: Horseback Rides, ATV Rentals, Canopy Tour, Surfing, Cabo Blanco and Curu reserves. From accommodation to transportation, everything in one company. Zuma Tours: the most reliable and professional tour company in Montezuma
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Cape Town Central, South Africa
18 attraction reviews
“Efficient service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We used Zuma tours to get us from Jaco to Montezuma in Costa Rica. As we were running slightly late for departure they were happy to hold the water taxi (speed boat) for a few minutes. The staff were friendly. I would fault them on safety though. While I was never actually worried about safety, they made no effort to brief passengers on what to do in an emergency. I enjoyed the ride on the speed boat, and while $40 for a one way journey is expensive, it beats the ground journey in time by about 5 hours.

Visited April 2013

Bracebridge, Canada
“Top Notch operator !!!!!'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Traveling to Costa Rica for the last 10 years we have run into a few " So Called" tour operators only to be disappointed in almost every aspect. While staying in Montezuma we went into Zuma Tours where we were met by a more than helpful staff and the owner Ivan was there to assist.
We were so impressed with there enthusiasm that we booked many tours through them without any disappointments,delays or excessive fees. This tour operation is 100 % all about their clients and service. I would recommend Zuma Tours to anyone.

Best Regards

Brian Morris
Canada

Visited December 2012
Schmoopieuk
“Jaco to Montezuma by speed boat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Booked from UK and was very pleased with efficiency of this company.

Shuttle bus picked me up @ my hotel for the 10 minute drive to Jaco beach to for the speed boat to M'zuma... & dropped me at hotel on my return a week later.

The speed boat was great fun and worth the $40 fare one way if you're not on a tight budget.

Salt Lake City
“These guys will take your trip from great to unforgettable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Recently, my husband and I go married in Montezuma. This was my fourth time to Montezuma and every time is a great time. However, my most memorable parts of the trip were always some adventure I did with Zuma tours.
I highly recommend Tortuga Islands and 4-wheeling but you can't go wrong. Everyone is extremely helpful. My father’s passport was damaged and they wouldn't let him on the plane in Salt Lake City. My family worked hard to help him get to San Jose a few days later. I was telling Javier with Zuma Tours and he booked my dad a flight from San Jose to a town near Montezuma and went and picked him up. In his email with the flight information, there was detailed instructions for my dad, which really helped him out (He doesn’t travel much). They truly took the worry and any stress out of our destination wedding. The rest of us made it to San Jose and Zuma picked all 17 of us up and took us to Jaco to catch the taxi boat. When we got there, I recognized some of the employees from years past and they remembered me! In addition, Javier, who helped me book everyone’s transportation via email doesn’t normally go on the taxi but he did that day because he wanted to meet me and welcome the group to Montezuma. They have an amazing staff and Owner!!!
A group in our party rented a house on the beach and they were so hospitable and it was a great place to hang out. I often saw Ivan, the Owner, at the house on the beach early in the morning cleaning the dead leaves off the lawn. He also helped us with our bags and various other things including joining the men on their fishing trip where my dad caught a 39lb Rooster fish. He and his staff were very invested in our satisfaction.
On our last day, they all said goodbye and gave Ted and I a wedding present. I will ALWAYS use Zuma Tours for my future transportation and excursions!

San Jose, Costa Rica
8 attraction reviews
“Just a great day trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My family and I loved the boat ride to go snorkeling and to Tortuga Island. Lunch at the island was delicious. The Zuma tour guides were the nicest young men and very kind. I lost a part of my snorkeling equipment while snorkeling and one of the guys dived right down there and got it back for me. It's great to live in Costa Rica, we can't wait to go back to Montezuma (a very small, cute, clean beach town with an awesome beach) to enjoy one of Zuma tours again!!