“Jaco to Montezuma by speed boat” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Zuma Tours, your ocean experts in Montezuma since 1993, Tortuga Island Tour, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Taxi Boat to Jaco & Montezuma, Connections w/ Mal Pais & Santa Teresa, San Jose, Airport, Manuel Antonio, Sport Fishing, Also: Horseback Rides, ATV Rentals, Canopy Tour, Surfing, Cabo Blanco and Curu reserves. From accommodation to transportation, everything in one company. Zuma Tours: the most reliable and professional tour company in Montezuma
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Schmoopieuk
“Jaco to Montezuma by speed boat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Booked from UK and was very pleased with efficiency of this company.

Shuttle bus picked me up @ my hotel for the 10 minute drive to Jaco beach to for the speed boat to M'zuma... & dropped me at hotel on my return a week later.

The speed boat was great fun and worth the $40 fare one way if you're not on a tight budget.

Salt Lake City
“These guys will take your trip from great to unforgettable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Recently, my husband and I go married in Montezuma. This was my fourth time to Montezuma and every time is a great time. However, my most memorable parts of the trip were always some adventure I did with Zuma tours.
I highly recommend Tortuga Islands and 4-wheeling but you can't go wrong. Everyone is extremely helpful. My father’s passport was damaged and they wouldn't let him on the plane in Salt Lake City. My family worked hard to help him get to San Jose a few days later. I was telling Javier with Zuma Tours and he booked my dad a flight from San Jose to a town near Montezuma and went and picked him up. In his email with the flight information, there was detailed instructions for my dad, which really helped him out (He doesn’t travel much). They truly took the worry and any stress out of our destination wedding. The rest of us made it to San Jose and Zuma picked all 17 of us up and took us to Jaco to catch the taxi boat. When we got there, I recognized some of the employees from years past and they remembered me! In addition, Javier, who helped me book everyone’s transportation via email doesn’t normally go on the taxi but he did that day because he wanted to meet me and welcome the group to Montezuma. They have an amazing staff and Owner!!!
A group in our party rented a house on the beach and they were so hospitable and it was a great place to hang out. I often saw Ivan, the Owner, at the house on the beach early in the morning cleaning the dead leaves off the lawn. He also helped us with our bags and various other things including joining the men on their fishing trip where my dad caught a 39lb Rooster fish. He and his staff were very invested in our satisfaction.
On our last day, they all said goodbye and gave Ted and I a wedding present. I will ALWAYS use Zuma Tours for my future transportation and excursions!

San Jose, Costa Rica
8 attraction reviews
“Just a great day trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My family and I loved the boat ride to go snorkeling and to Tortuga Island. Lunch at the island was delicious. The Zuma tour guides were the nicest young men and very kind. I lost a part of my snorkeling equipment while snorkeling and one of the guys dived right down there and got it back for me. It's great to live in Costa Rica, we can't wait to go back to Montezuma (a very small, cute, clean beach town with an awesome beach) to enjoy one of Zuma tours again!!

Olympia, Wa
“Very nice, enjoyable boat taxi ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Very accommodating and friendly staff. We decided to take a boat taxi rather than the 3 hour bus ride back to San Jose and it was well worth the money. The staff were very knowledgeable about the marine life. We saw a sea turtle and dolphins one our trip. Great business!

Visited April 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Worth going for a 'break' in your busy vacation planning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Zuma tours came and picked us up on our doorstep in Santa Teresa. The drive to Montezuma from the other side of the peninsula is very bumpy for the inexperienced driver and very expensive by taxi so definitely splurge on the extra fee for door to door pick up service. We went to 2 separate snorkeling locations for about 45min each which I was surprised about because I was under the impression there was only 1 snorkeling stop. Sweet! Also they try two times in the day to wait at specific spots for dolphin and whale watching. On our tour, we saw a whale! Definitely a highlight of our trip. The boat carries water, juice, and beer which is included in your price. At the island of Tortuga itself, the local animals are a fun experience. There’s a pet boar that comes to hang out during lunch time and tropical birds hang outside the gift shop and will chatter with you. The beach itself is very warm, serene and calm. I was originally hesitant to take this tour because the whole Nicoya peninsula is already one giant beach right? Even so, the crystal blue waters around Tortuga gave you a different beach and swimming experience than facing the waves out on the main land where the surfers like to go. It is well worth it to take this tour and even some locals will take it for a romantic day trip. It is admittedly, a very “touristy” experience but it’s nice to have a day where someone takes care of every little detail. Bring a ton of sun screen and reapply often.

Visited February 2013