“Tortuga Island Snorkeling, So Much Fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 activities in Montezuma
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Zuma Tours, your ocean experts in Montezuma since 1993, Tortuga Island Tour, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Taxi Boat to Jaco & Montezuma, Connections w/ Mal Pais & Santa Teresa, San Jose, Airport, Manuel Antonio, Sport Fishing, Also: Horseback Rides, ATV Rentals, Canopy Tour, Surfing, Cabo Blanco and Curu reserves. From accommodation to transportation, everything in one company. Zuma Tours: the most reliable and professional tour company in Montezuma
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Tortuga Island Snorkeling, So Much Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently went on a day tour with Zuma Tours. It was so much fun! The crew were friendly and very helpful! They went out of the way to make us comfortable and happy. The boat was spotless and they had plenty of supplies for everyone. The three of us ( from our group) were on the boat with another larger group from another resort which was okay, they were friendly enough. Zuma Tours left from the beach in Montezuma and we went for about a 30 minute boat ride on the way the captain spotted dolphins. We went toward the dolphins and they came right up to the boat and we were able to see them clearly, jumping and playing all around us,that was fantastic and a very special highlight! I have never been that close to dolphins before. Then we went to two beautiful snorkeling areas the first one, we stayed for about an hour and then another one, where one of the divers picked up some starfish to show us and most fascinating of all a huge Puffer fish, which we took many photos of! Next we went on the island to have our lunch, prepared and served by our zuma tours chef, steamed freshly caught Marlin with potatoes and vegetables. Fresh fruit was carved up for us, watermelon, papaya, coconut. Juice, soft drinks and beer were provided all day on the boat and on the beaches. The meal was excellent! Then we had about 40 minutes to wander around and lay on the beach or play volleyball if you wanted. For a special treat we stopped for about 30-40 minutes on the beach of another, what seemed like a deserted island and we swam in the sea. The other group took photos practicing yoga poses on the beach and on the top of an old shipwreck that was on there, one of the crew came over and gave me a beautiful iridescent shell he had just found, which i thought was so sweet! you can really tell they love their job and people! What a fun day! Everything was perfect! I will never forget the great day I had with Zuma Tours and Torotuga Island. Our captain was an Italian , named Ivan! Thanks you to all who made my day so much fun!

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 attraction reviews
“shuttle and watertaxi from San Jose to Tambor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I arranged transportation from our San Jose hotel to Tambor Tropical with Javier .I didn't want to fly both ways,or drive but wanted my Granddaughter to see some of the country. It was a special graduation trip for just the 2 of us. ZUMA had a van pick us up at the hotel who took us to the beach where we met the water taxi. The boat ride was really fun, stopped when we saw dolphins on the way ! Then the taxi went to Montezuma and left off the other passengers then took us to Tambor , pulled up in front of the beach, took our bags and walked us to our resort ! We really enjoyed the boat ride, it was a tour in its self .I would highly recommend trying them, everyone was on time and polite.

12 attraction reviews
“Best experience traveling from SJO to Montezuma and back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Zuma tours has taken us from SJO to Montezuma, by shuttle to Jaco and boat to Montezuma, and also by boat from Montezuma to Jaco, and also on a tour to Tortuga Island. We've also taken the shuttle from SJO to Montezuma and back via the ferry at Puntarenas with other companies. The boat is way better: faster, less expensive, less effort, more scenic. You do have to get your feet wet at Jaco and Montezuma beaches and get some sun on the trip, but they take care of getting your bags on and off the boat. My only reservation was that we were some minutes late getting off the Jaco beach, and the young men running the boat lacked some skills in handling the engine and gas, leading to some unplanned starts and stops that got me a little wet. The alternative, shuttle and ferry, was crowded, hot, at times uncertain, boring, along several bumpy roads, and required us to haul bags up and down stairs as part of a tedious line on the ferry.

Espoo, Finland
“Zuma Tours: Excellent tour company!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We attended both Tortuga island tour and private horseback riding organized by Zuma Tours. I think the Tortuga island tour was absolutely perfect! Everything went well and the staff was really friendly and made our day wonderful.

I also appreciated a lot that the horseback riding tour was done by a local guy, Marvin, who really loves his horses and takes good care of them. Also he was really friendly to us.

In general I have to say that everything went well with Zuma Tours. Even though I had a lot of questions they replied my emails quickly and helped a lot. I can warmly recommend the company to everyone.

“Snorkel excursion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The day we went for the la tortuga island snorkel excursion was a gorgeous weather day. However, there wasn't much to see when snorkeling and the beach was average. I was 4 months pregnant at the time and would not recommend the boat ride to anyone more that 3 mo pregnant or anyone with back problems. If you have motion sickness, forget it altogether. The ride was fast and rough, and that was on a day with perfect weather. Overall, if you are looking for a change in scenery, the la tortuga island may be a good option.