“Enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

+506 2642 0024
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Zuma Tours, your ocean experts in Montezuma since 1993, Tortuga Island Tour, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Water Taxi Boat to Jaco & Montezuma, Shuttle/Transfer Connections with Mal Pais & Santa Teresa, San Jose, Airport, Manuel Antonio, Dominical, Uvita, Sierpe. Also: Sport Fishing, Horseback Rides, ATV Tours, Canopy Tours, Surfing, Cabo Blanco and Curu reserves. Tours and transportation, Zuma Tours: a reliable and professional tour company.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Thornton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My niece and I used ZumaTours for our snorkeling trip to Tortuga in part because they were the only company to quickly respond to my email inquiry (the others took over a week). And the price was reasonable for what we got. Our first stop was nice, but there wasn't a lot to see. However, the second location was amazing. A large number of sea creatures, but there were also a large number of land creatures as well. I know this is something they can't control, but be aware, you won't be alone. Lunch was very tasty. The reason I didn't give an excellent rating is that the time on the island after lunch was way too long (2 hours). There is very little to do and the water is too cloudy to do any more snorkeling. Also the guide did not instruct customers to not touch and pick-up sea creatures, somthing I believe is important to the health of the animals.

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We used Zuma Tours to get from Jaco to Montezuma. This is by far the fastest and cheapest way to get to the NIcoya Peninsula. Pick up and drop off was spot on time. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and very professional. They stopped along the way to show us dolphins an turtles.

We used Zuma Tours again a few days later for the Tortuga Island snorkelling trip. Once again they were on time. Smooth ride to the Island and great snorkelling. The only downfall I can say about this company is that I wish the guide would have come in the water for snorkelling. We were left to go out on our own, which is perfect for us since we are experienced but I think less experienced snorkelers or first timers would have appreciated a little guidance. Lunch was included in this trip and was prepared by Zuma staff - great lunch! On our way back the wind had picked up and waters were very choppy, the driver of the boat obviously was very experienced and knew how to maneuver the boat.
NOTE: There are no bathroom facilities on Tortuga Island for Zuma Tours clients (this is not their fault)... you have to use ''Plan B''

Good job Zuma Tours!

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Did the job”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went across the peninsula to Jaco and then transferred to our hotel in Quepos. That was fine but we didn't like the begging letter on the boat asking for a tip. This was the most annoying thing on our month in Costa Rica. They already had $160 from us and they wanted more. America has brought it's tipping culture and tourist trap restaurants down to CR and turned the Ticos into beggars. They should ask the people they work for for a payrise. It is demeaning and brings down the service. This was my second and final visit to CR as it no longer exists, it is now an overdeveloped overpriced American sewer.
Next stop Nicaragua...

North Plains
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“zumatours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Ivan's house for a week in December 2012. We booked travel to and from Alajuela (shuttle and water taxi), and the Tortuga Island snorkeling outing. Besides daily encounters with the owner, Ivan, we experienced 8-12 staff members of this company in various roles. Every interaction with any of these people was helpful, professional, and very friendly. There were a number of special things they did for us well beyond the call of duty. Ivan is a star. I recommend them without reservation and look forward to an early return.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best way to travel to Nicoya Pennisula”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was very nervous about taking a water taxi for an hour from Montezuma to Jaco. It was THE BEST and most affordable way to travel between the two points and very affordable. That is the only way I would travel next time. The people at Zuma Tours in Montezuma were very friendly and helpful too. It was a great experience! Would definately do it again using Zuma Tours