“Had a FABULOUS time!” 5 of 5 stars

+506 2642 0024
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Zuma Tours, your ocean experts in Montezuma since 1993, Tortuga Island Tour, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Water Taxi Boat to Jaco & Montezuma, Shuttle/Transfer Connections with Mal Pais & Santa Teresa, San Jose, Airport, Manuel Antonio, Dominical, Uvita, Sierpe. Also: Sport Fishing, Horseback Rides, ATV Tours, Canopy Tours, Surfing, Cabo Blanco and Curu reserves. Tours and transportation, Zuma Tours: a reliable and professional tour company.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Western North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 183 helpful votes
“Had a FABULOUS time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

Ylang Ylang booked our tour to Isla Tortuga with Zuma Tours and we couldn't have been happier. We had 19 people in our group so we had a boat all to ourselves. The guides were very friendly and were quick to slow the boat to a stop so that we could witness dolphins, whales and a passing shark..

Thankfully the shark viewing was on our way home, and not on our way to the snorkeling point! The guides were very helpful in assisting our 6 year old who was afraid of wearing a mask - go figure. The area they took us to snorkel was nice. We viewed starfish, pufferfish, numerous coral reef fish - even Nemo and Dory, sea cucumbers, dog fish, sea urchins and anemones. The guides constantly surfaced with objects to show everyone and alerted everyone to the sting ray!

If you have younger kids you may want to bring or purchase your own snorkeling gear. The mask was way too big for our 6 year old and filled with water. Basically, he couldn't use it. The mask I had was used so many time it leaked as well. They are cheap enough in town and I think comparable to the rental price.

The Island of Isla Tortuga has a gift shop (so much for the uninhabited island as per brochure LOL) and porta johns that cost one dollar to use. You can also rent lounge chairs.

The BBQ fish was awesome that the guides prepared for us for lunch. The guides cut up fruit and even hacked up coconut for us. Pura Vida!!!!

Since the boat was our group only we pretty much got to do what we wanted. Some of us stayed on the island and mixed drinks, others swam in the beach, others went on giant conch shell searches (and found them!!!), and other had the boat take them back to the snorkeling point.

We had an ultra-fabulous time and I highly recommend this tour to groups of people. Bring sun block...... and make sure you use plenty of it!

Atlanta, GA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Sport Fishing in Costa Rica !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2007

Zuma Tours was Great !! My Girlfriend and I went out for the 1/2 day fishing trip on a 26' boat. Edder, my Captain, and his first mate were totally professional, talented, fun, and committed to our great time and fishing. We left Montezuma early in the morning, and went out for about 1 hour into the Paciffic. We put the lines in the water and began trolling. Within the 1st hour of fishing, I reeled in a 20+ pound Mahi Mahi - what a beautiful fish !! Now that dinner was caught, I really wanted to pursue Sailfish. We fished hard all morning, spotting lots of sailfish breaking the water, and had a few near misses where we lost our bait. Right at the end of our day, we hooked the big one, and I reeled in a 200 lb. Sailfish - What a rush !!! I cannot recommend them enough. I know that it is "called Fishing, not Catching" as the saying goes, but "Ed" and his first mate definately put us in the best position to catch fish !!! Thanks again to Zuma Tours and best of luck to anyone who goes out on a trip with them !!
By the way - the fresh Mahi Mahi was a truly delicious dinner !
Heath Patterson