“Curu and an Earthquake all in the same trip!” 5 of 5 stars

+506 2642 0024
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Zuma Tours, your ocean experts in Montezuma since 1993, Tortuga Island Tour, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Water Taxi Boat to Jaco & Montezuma, Shuttle/Transfer Connections with Mal Pais & Santa Teresa, San Jose, Airport, Manuel Antonio, Dominical, Uvita, Sierpe. Also: Sport Fishing, Horseback Rides, ATV Tours, Canopy Tours, Surfing, Cabo Blanco and Curu reserves. Tours and transportation, Zuma Tours: a reliable and professional tour company.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Redondo Beach
“Curu and an Earthquake all in the same trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My daughter and I traveled to Montezuma 9/2-9/8/12. The first for me was the water entry to the speedboat taxi at Jaco. I was made comfortable and felt safe. The boat operator stopped for us to see a sea turtle, and later two whales. When we arrived our bags were carried up the beach to our awaiting taxi. Our first trip was to Curu with our Tour Guide, Juan Carlos. He made sure we were comfortable. He explained so many things to us and especially included us in the conversation. He was funny, and comforting during the 7.6 quake in the middle of the Curu reserve. Our drivers, Eddie, Kevin, and Melvin were excellent drivers in rain and rough roads. Javier at Zuma Tours even made sure we had food the night of the earthquake when there was no electricity. Some of the tours require a min. number of people otherwise you pay a higher rate.Juan Carlos took us to a wonderful "soda" called Soda Esmeralda outside Curu that had the most delicious "casados". I had the pork steak and my daughter the fish. I highly recommend this spot for a delicious and cheap meal. We took the ferry from Paquero to Puntarenas for our final night into San Jose. It was beautfiul and Melvin was waiting for us when we arrived. I thought the prices were very reasonable but should definitely be booked in advance.

Visited September 2012

Hamilton, Bermuda
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Two trips organized by Zuma Tours-Fishing & ATV”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Zuma Tours organized a fishing trip and an ATV trip for our family of 4 (two teenagers) at the end of August 2012. They are very reliable and reputable. Both trips were incredible.
Fishing: My husband is big into fishing and the only local area fish that he had never caught was a Rooster fish and this was the afternoon's goal. He rented the boat for 3 hours. We caught three Rooster fish. The captain and mate were very experienced and professional. My daughter and I, who are not at all into fishing, bagged one each and plain enjoyed the time out on the Pacific.
ATV: This trip was GREAT. Zuma tours organized a private ATV'ing trip for our family of 4. None of us had every been on an ATV. Our guides took us all over the Nicoya peninsula and we were gone for about 4.5 hours. We went through trails in the rain forest, right through rivers, over cow pastures, swam in two waterfalls, and traversed the beautiful beach near Tambor. My husband and kids loved this trip and everyone had to wait for me, because I found it a bit scary, in a fun way. A couple of times I just got off the ATV and had the two guys leading our tour take it over some steep areas and they were so incredibly nice and accomodating about it. I never figured out where reverse gear was and they were very considerate, always coming back to assist me. Highly recommend this trip, even if you are an over 50 female like me.

Visited August 2012
Jaco, Costa Rica
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best way to travel to the Nicoya Peninsula”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The water taxi from Jaco to Montezuma and back was amazing. The trip is not only much shorter and more economical than driving, but it is also the most beautiful way to travel in the country. We saw dolphins and a sea turtle on one trip, and a family of humpback whales on the next. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and booking online was very easy. They even picked us up at our condominium complex in Jaco. I will definitely use the water taxi again and would recommend to anyone!

Visited August 2012
Grand Cayman
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tour and transport in one FAB!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were picked up in Jaco and driven to the water taxi to Montezuma. Then were transfered to our apartment in Santa Teresa!
Water taxi was a highlight for myself and my daughter, one of the first things she talks about from our trip. The guys were fun and friendly, we stopped to watch the dolphins play around the boat, saw a water turtle swim with a bird on his back, watched the birds diving for fish, was just like planet Earth only live. It took us an hour and a bit to cross to Montezuma.

I highly recommend this transport across the peninsula, we travelled on a shoestring but treated ourselves to time off the bus and it was worth every dollar! Cant praise it enough, Thanks Zuma Tours!!

Visited July 2012
Bradenton, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tortuga Island Snorkeling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I had the pleasure of taking a day trip to Tortuga island with these guys, and let me just say--amazing!! We were even lucky enough to see Humpback whales, a mother and calf. They took us behind the island and we watched the whales in awe. We then went snorkeling which was amazing, so many fish they were bumping into us as the crew tossed bread into the water feeding them. I saw a beautiful sting ray and tropical fish. The beach was amazing too. The ride back was an adventure, it was raining and storming but we all laughed and made the best of it. I highly recommend a trip with them.

Visited July 2012