“Two trips organized by Zuma Tours-Fishing & ATV” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 activities in Montezuma
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Zuma Tours, your ocean experts in Montezuma since 1993, Tortuga Island Tour, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Taxi Boat to Jaco & Montezuma, Connections w/ Mal Pais & Santa Teresa, San Jose, Airport, Manuel Antonio, Sport Fishing, Also: Horseback Rides, ATV Rentals, Canopy Tour, Surfing, Cabo Blanco and Curu reserves. From accommodation to transportation, everything in one company. Zuma Tours: the most reliable and professional tour company in Montezuma
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Hamilton, Bermuda
7 attraction reviews
“Two trips organized by Zuma Tours-Fishing & ATV”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Zuma Tours organized a fishing trip and an ATV trip for our family of 4 (two teenagers) at the end of August 2012. They are very reliable and reputable. Both trips were incredible.
Fishing: My husband is big into fishing and the only local area fish that he had never caught was a Rooster fish and this was the afternoon's goal. He rented the boat for 3 hours. We caught three Rooster fish. The captain and mate were very experienced and professional. My daughter and I, who are not at all into fishing, bagged one each and plain enjoyed the time out on the Pacific.
ATV: This trip was GREAT. Zuma tours organized a private ATV'ing trip for our family of 4. None of us had every been on an ATV. Our guides took us all over the Nicoya peninsula and we were gone for about 4.5 hours. We went through trails in the rain forest, right through rivers, over cow pastures, swam in two waterfalls, and traversed the beautiful beach near Tambor. My husband and kids loved this trip and everyone had to wait for me, because I found it a bit scary, in a fun way. A couple of times I just got off the ATV and had the two guys leading our tour take it over some steep areas and they were so incredibly nice and accomodating about it. I never figured out where reverse gear was and they were very considerate, always coming back to assist me. Highly recommend this trip, even if you are an over 50 female like me.

Visited August 2012

Jaco, Costa Rica
5 attraction reviews
“Best way to travel to the Nicoya Peninsula”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The water taxi from Jaco to Montezuma and back was amazing. The trip is not only much shorter and more economical than driving, but it is also the most beautiful way to travel in the country. We saw dolphins and a sea turtle on one trip, and a family of humpback whales on the next. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and booking online was very easy. They even picked us up at our condominium complex in Jaco. I will definitely use the water taxi again and would recommend to anyone!

Visited August 2012
Grand Cayman
“Tour and transport in one FAB!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were picked up in Jaco and driven to the water taxi to Montezuma. Then were transfered to our apartment in Santa Teresa!
Water taxi was a highlight for myself and my daughter, one of the first things she talks about from our trip. The guys were fun and friendly, we stopped to watch the dolphins play around the boat, saw a water turtle swim with a bird on his back, watched the birds diving for fish, was just like planet Earth only live. It took us an hour and a bit to cross to Montezuma.

I highly recommend this transport across the peninsula, we travelled on a shoestring but treated ourselves to time off the bus and it was worth every dollar! Cant praise it enough, Thanks Zuma Tours!!

Bradenton, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Tortuga Island Snorkeling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I had the pleasure of taking a day trip to Tortuga island with these guys, and let me just say--amazing!! We were even lucky enough to see Humpback whales, a mother and calf. They took us behind the island and we watched the whales in awe. We then went snorkeling which was amazing, so many fish they were bumping into us as the crew tossed bread into the water feeding them. I saw a beautiful sting ray and tropical fish. The beach was amazing too. The ride back was an adventure, it was raining and storming but we all laughed and made the best of it. I highly recommend a trip with them.

California
7 attraction reviews
“Thumbs up! Zuma Tours is a reputable company!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

During our recent vacation to Costa Rica with had two experiences with Zuma Tours. The first was on a trip to Tortuga Island. We were visiting Costa Rica for a family reunion in July and my mother in law had arranged a private trip for 25 people. Four Zuma tour personnel accompanied us on the motor boat. They were all very helpful and friendly. They were very safety conscious and made sure the kids were wearing life vests (although there were enough for all). We left Montezuma in the morning and after a 45 minute ride on the speed boat we arrived at our first snorkel stop. We saw some beautiful fish - my children who had never snorkeled before were thrilled. The Zuma tours people even found a puffer fish which they showed us. I had no idea how beautiful Tortoga Island is as well as the surrounding islands. The area reminded me of some of the most beautiful islands I've seen in Southeast Asia and the Carribean. They provided snorkel gear. After a second stop we went to the island for lunch. The island is a dream. I wish we could have spent more time on the island. The sand was like powdered sugar and there were palm trees everywhere. There were beach chairs, beach toys and kayaks available for rent, a gift shop, macaws and parrots as well as horses to ride. And a hiking trail to elsewhere on the island. The whole experience was very fun; i wish it could have last longer.
Our second experience with Zuma was taking them to Jaco on their "taxi boat." We hired Zuma to pick us up in Santa Teresa and drop us off at the airport in Quepos. The transfers from taxi to boat to taxi went without a hitch. On the way across the bay we stopped to see dolphins and mating sea turtles. I also like the fact that their boats have a sunshade to provide sun protection. I'd highly recommend Zuma Tours. Javier and his personnel are terrific. And the concierge at the house we rented said that Zuma Tours is very reliable which was definitely our experience.