“highlight of my trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel La Cascada

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel La Cascada
Save Saved
You added Hotel La Cascada to your Saves list
Montezuma, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #14 of 19 hotels in Montezuma
Sherbrooke que
“highlight of my trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2007

Family owned, very well kept, quiet and clean hotel. Very good value for the money. Laundry service(even ironed polo shirts).

Owner found out i had just discovered and really liked ceviche. She then arranged a personal cooking(ceviche) session with the two tico chefs in the kitchen(taking little breaks to dance to the latino and reggae music playing during lesson) . An utterly awesome experience which i appreciated even more than seeing the Arenal volcano. Within 5 min. walk to Montezuma center. Would return anytime and highly recommend.

• Liked — friendliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2007

I loved Montezuma so much I decided to stay on an extra few days on my own (my friend had to return to work). We had been staying at Amor De Mar across the street which is prime real estate, but I had to find more economical alternatives for the single traveler.

La Cascada was the nicest of the hotels I saw within walking distance to the center of the town. It was $35 for an adequately sized room (even bigger than the ADM even) and it was nice dark wood. I was really quite fond of my room and the place itself. It had a nice "shared space" with hamocks on the porch where you could over look the sea, as well as the street.

My stay was just fine there EXCEPT for one night which almost made me want to leave. You can hear people easily in their rooms in Costa Rica usually, and this was a Saturday night. The people in the room next to me were a bunch of young dudes who were drunk and who knows what else and they were up yelling, slamming doors, falling on furniture and god knows what else ALL NIGHT. I wanted to go over there and tell them to be quiet but I was truthfully scared to go over there as a solo woman. And I felt angry and resentful that the management who live in the hotel directly below them did not go up there to quiet them. Finally at 6am I went downstairs and asked them to go deal with the situation ( and i don't speak spanish and they don't speak any english so it was a bit frustrating to feel reassured that things would be handled well). I was concerned about the next night, but things were fine after that day.

That's it. Not a bad place to stay for the price.

Stayed February 2007

Been to Hotel La Cascada? Share your experiences!