When we first arrived in Montezuma we were staying at a different hotel. When we were walking down the street, however, we saw a sign in front of El Sano Banano advertising a reduced room rate. Upon walking in and checking out the hotel, we were sold.
* The Staff (Martin, et al) were amazing! They went out of their way to make our stay fantastic.
* The cost (June, 2012) was $45 a night for an air conditioned double room, right in the center of town that included an amazing breakfast. The rooms were cleaned every day.
* The breakfast was no ordinary hotel breakfast. We got to choose off of a menu that included the typical Costa Rican breakfast, banana pancakes, french toast, yogurt/fruit/granola, coffee or juice. It was fantastic.
* The restaurant downstairs shows popular movies every night, in English with Spanish subtitles.
* One of the best things about El Sano Banano is the fact that it's linked to the Ylang Ylang resort so you can go over and use their facilities (which you should!).
I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the main street in the heart of Montezuma, this hotel offers 11 comfortable rooms that are economically priced just a block from the beach. The rooms are above the well-known restaurant and have A.C., hot showers and SkyTV. The rooms are quiet and secure for those who prefer in-town comfort. Breakfast is included and the hotel guests are welcome to use the pool and hammocks at Ylang Ylang Beach Resort, just a 10-12 minute walk on the beach from Montezuma. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your El Sano Banano Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.