“THE BEST PLACE TO STAY IN MONTEZUMA!” 5 of 5 stars

El Sano Banano Village Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Main Road - Town Center, Montezuma, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Montezuma
Louisville, Kentucky
“THE BEST PLACE TO STAY IN MONTEZUMA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

we stayed at el sano banano the first week in november. the staff was very attentive. they organized a horseback ride for us. we coldnt have had a better stay.the room comes with a breakfast. evrynight they show a movie after dinner! hope to go back in back in may!

Room Tip: we had one of the fromt of the hotel so we could see everything going on.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Price, location, food, and the hospitable and accommodating staff makes this place a GREAT value for the money!

Room Tip: Some rooms have windows that
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed in Montezuma for a month and on my last night I stayed at El Sano Banano before heading out of town. The food was great, order the brownie with ice cream! Staff are nice. the room was ok... not the cleanest but it worked for a one night stay in town.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I traveled to Montezuma alone to meet a friend and the friend knew about El Sano Banano Hotel, so I stayed there my entire trip. Ten days. I am so glad I did. The food was the best ever, I was amazed at the care and quality that goes into their dishes. I ate there everyday at least twice and had a variety of menu items, all were excellent. The staff was so helpful to me also, always ready to help out. They also spoke English very well, so if my Spanish wasn't up to par, I could communicate well in English. I was so impressed with everything. The tours all leave from right in front or back of the hotel too, so I could go everywhere without renting a vehicle.

The rooms are nice and clean, I needed to move because of a severe electical storm blew out my a/c and I was moved immediately. I will return to El Sano Banano on my next trip to Montezuma. The town is sweet, quaint and very friendly. I also felt very safe, they have security all evening. It was the best experience as far as food, room, staff, and ease of travel on a vacation I have ever had.

Room Tip: If you like having a window in your room they are available, not all rooms have windows. Just ask.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in September. The staff were great. Our room was quiet and the place felt secure. The shower was luke warm. The breakfast menu to start the day had something fresh for everyone. - as did the rest of the menu. The only down side was the sister resort Yiang Yiang closes between Sept and November so there wasn't access to a pool.

• Stayed September 2011
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011 via mobile

We got a last minute green season special for 45 dollars a night including a la carte breakfast and it was a great deal. The hotel is in the middle of montezuma which is a tiny village, so it was a bit noisy from the bar some nights but I didn't have any problems sleeping being tired out from all the fun things to do. The toilet in our room had a few issues with it but was all promptly fixed by the unfailingly cheerful and friendly staff. The room had a double bed and a single bed, tv, shelves and air conditioning. It was kept impeccably clean. I think another review mentioned bugs but we didn't see any anywhere, only enjoyed seeing lizards scuttling around outside!
We went to isla tortuga on a day trip which was lovely, water was pretty murky from the rainy season but to be expected! The zip line canopy is way fun and not far from montezuma. El Chorro waterfall is a long walk north along the beach and definitely worth it, just make sure you bring water and sunscreen! Everyone said that during high season montezuma is really a party town, if that's your thing.
Ps the brownie at the cafe is awesome and did I mention the staff niceness factor?

• Stayed September 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011 via mobile

Has a last minute special for $45 including full breakfast. A fantastic deal for a lovely hotel. The sister resort has a beautiful pool area.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to El Sano Banano Village Hotel? Share your experiences!