“Breakfast compensates the dirt” 2 of 5 stars
Review of El Capitan Hotel / Hostel

El Capitan Hotel / Hostel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montezuma
El Capitan Hotel / Hostel
You added El Capitan Hotel / Hostel to your Saves list
Montezuma, Costa Rica   |
Munich, Germany
“Breakfast compensates the dirt”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hostel really isn´t a clean place. The showers and toilets only work half of the time and they occasionally run out of water. So the toilets cant be flushed anymore and you can imagine what happens next. Our Room was OK. The atmosphere with the others backpackers on the terrace in the first floor with hammock was nice. They definitely serve the best breakfast. You get two yummy pancakes along with a huge selection of fruits. On top they put coconut flakes. Very nice. But they don´t let you use the kitchen. We also stayed at a different place in Montezuma and the bathroom situation seemed everywhere in this village the same.... The people running the hostel are a bit weird tough. make sure when you book the room that they also include your breakfast. Our friends did´t get served their breakfast for some reason and the hostel-owner got really unfriendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Jose, Costa Rica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

El Capitan... don't go here, especially if you are gringo.

They originally showed me a ocean view room, $25 seemed fair. When I arrived they put me in another room, dingy and full of cockroaches, and when I complained they said "well, do you want a room or not?" I had no other option and just went on a cockroach killing spree which made me late for dinner. To use the washroom and shower it was a 50 minute line up, with locals blatantly budging in front of me just because I didn't speak spanish fluently and when I tried to explain I would only be two minutes they laughed and wouldn't let me use the washroom. The place was dirty, there was no toilet paper, the toilet and shower didn't work normally, and it was basically a hose to rinse yourself off in dirt covered bathroom. I don't reccomend it at all. PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND SAVE YOUR DIGNITY! There was also lots of noise and the room's fan was so loud that it was hard to decide to tolerate the noise or the heat. There was no ventilation in here and it was the worst place I've ever stayed. I would just sleep on the beach instead, much nicer.

Room Tip: if you get stuck without a room, just sleep on the beautiful beach instead of in this dump