“worst...experience...ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of El Capitan Hotel / Hostel

El Capitan Hotel / Hostel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montezuma
El Capitan Hotel / Hostel
Montezuma, Costa Rica   |
San Jose, Costa Rica
“worst...experience...ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

El Capitan... don't go here, especially if you are gringo.

They originally showed me a ocean view room, $25 seemed fair. When I arrived they put me in another room, dingy and full of cockroaches, and when I complained they said "well, do you want a room or not?" I had no other option and just went on a cockroach killing spree which made me late for dinner. To use the washroom and shower it was a 50 minute line up, with locals blatantly budging in front of me just because I didn't speak spanish fluently and when I tried to explain I would only be two minutes they laughed and wouldn't let me use the washroom. The place was dirty, there was no toilet paper, the toilet and shower didn't work normally, and it was basically a hose to rinse yourself off in dirt covered bathroom. I don't reccomend it at all. PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND SAVE YOUR DIGNITY! There was also lots of noise and the room's fan was so loud that it was hard to decide to tolerate the noise or the heat. There was no ventilation in here and it was the worst place I've ever stayed. I would just sleep on the beach instead, much nicer.

Room Tip: if you get stuck without a room, just sleep on the beautiful beach instead of in this dump