“Mmmmmmmaki's!” 5 of 5 stars

+(506)8660-4751
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International, South American, Costa Rican
Dining options: Waitstaff
Description: Maki's is a full-service private chef service. It's perfect if you're renting a house, have a special event, or simply want a great meal at your home without doing all the work. Our chef will work with you to create whatever meal you and your guests are craving at a reasonable price. Email us for more details and sample menus!
Swanton, Vermont
“Mmmmmmmaki's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Having Maki come to cook for us was the highlight of our vacation. We rented a house for our stay and it was such a pleasure to have Maki and Sarah quietly come in and take over the kitchen only to produce the most fabulous of meals. They took care of literally everything- right down to the clean up. It was like having a restaurant come to your house without lifting a finger! We were a group of 10 that included 2 vegetarians and Maki did a superb job of accommodating everyone. My wife, one of the vegetarians (and a picky one at that) proclaimed that the stuffed eggplant over lentils Maki prepared was one of the best meals she's ever had. Maki cooked for us a total of 4 times throughout our 7 day stay but we wish we had just had them come every night. We were disappointed with the restaurants in town and found ourselves craving maki's food. During our delightful stay, Maki prepared stuffed filet mignon, crispy salmon filet, lasagna, ceviche, and mahi mahi in a mango sauce. Each dish was absolutely amazing. Not only was the food delicious, it was affordable. We ended up spending less money having Maki come to our house than we did going out to eat, which really made us wish we had hired him for every meal. Overall, our experience with Maki was an excellent one and we can't wait for our next vacation to Costa Rica so we have an excuse to eat his food again!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank fran M

Burlington, Vermont
“Great people, great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hands down, Maki's makes the best food in Montezuma. My boyfriend and I stayed in Montezuma about 3 weeks ago. We hired Maki's to come to the house we rented to cook our meals. They have great prices and the food was amazing! We went out to dinner one night in Montezuma to give the chef a break and the food did not taste very good compared to Maki's cooking... we didn't go out to eat again, we stuck with Maki's!

• Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“Place Rules. A Must-Go.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This place was phenomenal. Not only can my dude Maki cook up a storm but the atmosphere is incredibly welcoming, relaxed and buoyant (presumably the reason you went to Montezuma). Staff is great and will really make you whatever they can sling together in the back. Also, ask about activities and places to go to as these guys are well-knit into the community and highly trustworthy. You'll always see smiles and always walk out happy. Went once a day on my trip and don't regret it all. Can't wait to come back!

• Visited April 2013
Rockaway Beach
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommended!!! Such a treat!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Having the services of Maki was such a treat during my time in Montezuma, Costa Rica. Maki and his staff was able to make me delicious meals every night of my stay and tailored each meal to my liking. They were so friendly and personable I felt like a local by the end of my time there. I absolutely loved every meal (typical casado, a vegetarian dish, and chalupas to name a few). They were able to come and cook for me each night and also provided me with recommendations on what to do and where to go during my stay. I am so happy I heard about this wonderful service while I was in town.... for anyone traveling in a small or big group this is definitely worth it!!!!!!

• Visited March 2013
Sarah T, Owner at Maki's, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thanks so much for your review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay in Montezuma, especially the meals we prepared for you =) It was a pleasure cooking for you and we hope to see you again soon in paradise. Pura vida!