“Best find in Montezuma !” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 32 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Dessert, Costa Rican, International, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: Open every day. Fresh bread,pastry and coffee at 6am already. Get started with freshly made fruit and vegetable juices. Enjoy our typical "tico" and international food and don't forget to try our homemade cakes. Come and enjoy watching people passing by with the sea infront or just sit and relax at the back lounge. We love children. Wi Fi
thunder bay, ontario
“Best find in Montezuma !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

This was a awesome find ; excellent service , fantastic food and all at a very reasonable prices. For a late breakfast we enjoyed a piece of banana bread ,which was by far above average and fresh from the oven .

They also offer a variety of caffeinated options including espresso and cappuccino . Their shakes and natural juices filled two pages of the menu, with many creative combinations .

Beyond the food this Costa Rican run restaurant was a step above the rest in delivery. Using modern white serving plates with the food in an artistic and appealing presentation

Finally ,if all the above was not enough, they offer free wifi and credit cards are accepted ; all of this for a 1/3 of the price of most of the places in Montezuma .

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Food good but don't be in a hurry”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

As it says on other posts here if you are in anything other than the most patient mood don't go in here. I actually felt very sorry for the one waitress they had on as she was running around looking after all the tables, however after an hour and a half we had not had our starters my sympathy was wearing thin. When I chased her up the food came reasonably quickly and it was quite good, I think anywhere else other than Montezuma and it would survive, they just need to move from dead slow and stop

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“I enjoyed it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My gf and I went to Kalibo and enjoyed our meal. I had the seafood soup which was quite good (ask for no butter though ;) trust me) and she had the ceviche. Definitely a good place to stop by in Montezuma.

Visited December 2012
Bergen, Norway
“Avoid!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The service was VERY slow, and we even had to go ask where our meals were after half an hour's wait (and there were only three other customers!) I ordered a burger, and the beef was one of those frozen ready-made burgers, which I guess was frozen one time too many, as I got an instant reaction and ran to the toilet to throw up. A cherry on the cake was a toilet bowl full of floating crap which was uncovered when I opened the lid. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

Visited December 2012
ANEME, Gerente at Kalibo, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Sorry, that you felt sooo bad!!! Nobady realy likes to hear such thinks about the food served at his plece, or about the service. Unfortunately, we make mistakes and we people hardly forget mistakes. Obviously, as you came around 10pm, when we were about to close and you ask for a pizza we are slow, sorry for that. And you came complaining that you already feel bad and you cannot eat whatever food, so at that hour, it¨s very possible that whateverfood you eat, you´´ll feel bad. Once again, very sorry about that. But at least the pizza that your frien had was nothing to complain about and the beers that you had, too, wright. At least there was something that you liked,because you left the plate empty. Than you left without even pay for the food and the drinks that you enjoyed... We tried to repair at lest a little bit our mistake, but it seams that you didn´t appreciate it. Very, very sorry about that. We invite you next time, when you´re in Montezuma to come en enjoy some other meal, mabe you´ll like it this time!!! Thank you for your opinion, we appreciate it strongly, as it helps us get better and better; we´ll try harder to pleace our clients from now on
Kind regards,
the managemant
Svishtov, Bulgaria
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This restaurant wasn’t in my book, but I stopped by, attracted by the today’s special Banana bread with coffee… delicious. I was surprised to find out a big variety of freshly baked goods and now, in the low season, when everyone says that they don’t have this and that, because there are no people. They also have freshly made fruit and vegetable juices, so I decided to come back for lunch and had the chicken curry, yummy and the beet, celery and… more juice Should try it! So I came back again and again. The guys told me that the place is newly open, but they’ve been renting for more then 5 years the Bakery café,( that explains why at the Bakery cafe I couldn’t find anything baked and almost nothing in the menu). Should go and sit in front to watch the sea and people walking by or at the back if you don’t want to be seen….

• Visited September 2012