“Best part of Montezuma!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 23 Activities in Montezuma
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Isla Tortuga Dive Club, is the only certified CMAS diving center in Costa Rica.We are located in Montezuma, a natural paradise in the Central Pacific.On our comfortable 32 ft yacht designed for diving and entertainment, we offer you fun tours at exclusive white sand beaches ,coast fishing and diving every day,Our company gives you a professional service with a personal touch that will guarantee a unique unforgettable day.
Newport Beach, California
“Best part of Montezuma!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

David and Michele are awesome! They came up to the house we rented 5 min outside of Montezuma to come introduce themselves and made us feel at home ever since then! We had 6 of us (3 couples) go out for fishing, diving, snorkeling, and the best time we had Costa Rica! They are very knowledgable, safe, entertaining, accommodating, and just down to earth cool guys! You can tell Michele loves diving and the ocean and his outlook and excitement made the experience all the much better! We will make it back to Montezuma in the next few years and the first thing I will book is another trip through these guys! Class Act!

Visited December 2013

Denver, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome Trip, perfect combination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was by far the most exciting part of our trip to the montezuma/tambor area. We were originally looking for a fishing trip but learned we could also scuba/snorkel with David and Luke on this boat.

The entire experience was great! Everything was well organized and planned out. Our trip consisted of fishing on the way to and from Isla Tortuga. Once at the island, we were able to scuba dive with the Dive Master. I am a novice diver, and the instruction I received was great, very detailed. The fishing was tremendous as well, catching two Mahi Mahi and a black tuna. Lucas fileted the fish immediately and actually gave us some sushi, you can't get fresher than that!

This boat also gave us the option of having it all to ourselves or inviting friends, the rate was the same. We really enjoyed this aspect because it gave a lot of privacy and one-on-one with the fishing guide and the dive master. The boat also had a bathroom and kitchen area which you won't get on the smaller isla tortuga "taxi's".

Overall, DO NOT pass on taking this boat tour!

Visited December 2013
“Best way to spend your vacation in Montezuma!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

There are a number of incredible things do in Montezuma and with Michele and David I was able to do all of them while getting my CMAS scuba certification. It was spectacular having planned my own times so I could enjoy the rest of what the town offered. Plus Michele and his wife were so kind as to house me in their poolside guest house-ideal if you are over staying in crowded pricey hostels. I learned quickly and never felt like I was rushed like most courses may feel like because I had two master divers in every session answering any question I had. Although the water isn't the clearest, I saw beautiful fish and unique creatures I had never seen before. Michele and David are passionate and genuine people and I highly recommend them to anyone thinking about diving in
Montezuma.

Visited June 2013
Calgary, Canada
9 attraction reviews
“Unique diving experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Michele and David also did the same for us. My son (17) did his diving training with PADI in Calgary, and thanks to the Tripadvisor reviews of Isla Tortuga, I got hold of Michele. He arranged to take my son (and me) for his qualifying dives - just the two of us, with Michele.

The most patient instructor, he re-assured himself of my son's training, taught us quite a few handy tips, and took us first for a 7m dive to evaluate us in a safe environment. Not being part of a group made it very easy for my son to relax, and Michele could focus on his training one-on-one. They also arranged taxi transport from the hotel and back, and treated us with tasty traditional Italian and local dishes on the boat.

With David as skipper, Michele, me and my son, spent two days together with four lovely dives, in difficult windy conditions, and we parted as friends. Very highly recommended, and thanks again to the Tripadvisor reviewers - the info on TA is invaluable when planning a trip to a new destination.

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“The best place to learn how to dive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Whether an experienced diver or you just want to learn do yourself a massive favour and go with David and Michaele! The best service, price and dive experiance in Costa Rica!

My girlfriend and I did our CMAS certification with David and Michaele and it could not have been more perfect!

These guys are incredible! they are so friendly and knowledgeable they immediately make you feel as if you have known them forever! I could not think of a better way to learn how to dive. From the sessions in their lovely little pool to the several dives they could not have been better. They are really passionate about what they do and the ocean and that comes across in every interaction! Michaele's face literally lights up when he is talking about diving!

My girlfriend was nervous and not sure she even wanted to dive! Michaele is very paternal and he immediately put her at ease and managed to not only give her the confidence to dive but allow her to really enjoy what was a magical experience! David was a legend and it was great fun picking the oysters with him!

Thank you both so much!