“Best way to spend your vacation in Montezuma!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 18 activities in Montezuma
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Isla Tortuga Dive Club, is the only certified CMAS diving center in Costa Rica.We are located in Montezuma, a natural paradise in the Central Pacific.On our comfortable 32 ft yacht designed for diving and entertainment, we offer you fun tours at exclusive white sand beaches ,coast fishing and diving every day,Our company gives you a professional service with a personal touch that will guarantee a unique unforgettable day.
“Best way to spend your vacation in Montezuma!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

There are a number of incredible things do in Montezuma and with Michele and David I was able to do all of them while getting my CMAS scuba certification. It was spectacular having planned my own times so I could enjoy the rest of what the town offered. Plus Michele and his wife were so kind as to house me in their poolside guest house-ideal if you are over staying in crowded pricey hostels. I learned quickly and never felt like I was rushed like most courses may feel like because I had two master divers in every session answering any question I had. Although the water isn't the clearest, I saw beautiful fish and unique creatures I had never seen before. Michele and David are passionate and genuine people and I highly recommend them to anyone thinking about diving in
Montezuma.

Visited June 2013

Calgary, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Unique diving experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Michele and David also did the same for us. My son (17) did his diving training with PADI in Calgary, and thanks to the Tripadvisor reviews of Isla Tortuga, I got hold of Michele. He arranged to take my son (and me) for his qualifying dives - just the two of us, with Michele.

The most patient instructor, he re-assured himself of my son's training, taught us quite a few handy tips, and took us first for a 7m dive to evaluate us in a safe environment. Not being part of a group made it very easy for my son to relax, and Michele could focus on his training one-on-one. They also arranged taxi transport from the hotel and back, and treated us with tasty traditional Italian and local dishes on the boat.

With David as skipper, Michele, me and my son, spent two days together with four lovely dives, in difficult windy conditions, and we parted as friends. Very highly recommended, and thanks again to the Tripadvisor reviewers - the info on TA is invaluable when planning a trip to a new destination.

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“The best place to learn how to dive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Whether an experienced diver or you just want to learn do yourself a massive favour and go with David and Michaele! The best service, price and dive experiance in Costa Rica!

My girlfriend and I did our CMAS certification with David and Michaele and it could not have been more perfect!

These guys are incredible! they are so friendly and knowledgeable they immediately make you feel as if you have known them forever! I could not think of a better way to learn how to dive. From the sessions in their lovely little pool to the several dives they could not have been better. They are really passionate about what they do and the ocean and that comes across in every interaction! Michaele's face literally lights up when he is talking about diving!

My girlfriend was nervous and not sure she even wanted to dive! Michaele is very paternal and he immediately put her at ease and managed to not only give her the confidence to dive but allow her to really enjoy what was a magical experience! David was a legend and it was great fun picking the oysters with him!

Thank you both so much!

Visited February 2012
Royal Oak, MI
“A Fantastic Day of Scuba Diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We met up with Michele and David for a private scuba tour in July 2012 while on our honeymoon. This was one of the most memorable days during our fantastic trip. Michele and David are very personable and make you feel right at home. They are capable of accommodating all diving levels and nice for my wife and I. While on the trip, we not only did 2 scuba dives, but they took us to 2 secluded white sand beaches where we went on shore for awhile. Also, David is an avid oyster connoisseur and would dive down to bring us raw oysters to eat. The day was absolutely fantastic. Adding to the day, we saw a white tip shark and a group of dolphins. Overall very highly recommended!

Here is a video from our trip with some clips from our day with Michele and David: http://vimeo.com/49982658

Visited July 2012
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
8 attraction reviews
“La Escuela del Sol and Scuba”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I attended La Escuela del Sol in Costa Rica and signed up fo the Spanish/Scuba certification combo. I was taught by to two great dive masters, Michaele and David. They were extremely patient and helped me to learn how to dive to enjoy myself. By the time we got into the Ocean on the 2nd week, I got to have a great time and have fun while scuba diving since they'd done such a great job with my training in the pool during the 1st week. I cannot recommend a better way to get CMAS scuba certified than these two dive masters. Almost as soon as I met them, I thought I'd known them forever. Get CMAS Scuba ceritified in Montezuma Costa Rica at La Escuela del Sol. The price is very reasonable...you won't reget it. Try and go in THEIR summer when the water is clearer (January/February). - Larry

Visited July 2012