“We are in love with Amor de Mar!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Amor de Mar to your Saves list
Hotel Amor de Mar
Apartado 24 Cobano, Montezuma, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #4 of 19 hotels in Montezuma
“We are in love with Amor de Mar!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Amazing!! We rented the house Luna Casa and wished we never had to leave! The staff are so helpful and friendly. The views can't be beat. The food is top notch. My boys loved the tide pool. I loved the hammocks! We seen monkeys across the street. When we checked out my boys left their ukulele in their room. When we reached our next destination I wasn't in the room 5 minutes when I received a call saying they had found it and we're sending it on a shuttle to us. The next day when we checked in to another hotel the ukulele was at the front desk, no extra charge. Talk about great service! We love you Amor de Mar!!

• Stayed May 2013

242 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I returned to Costa Rica but traveled on the Caribbean Coast - though it was nice, we eventually decided to return to Montezuma because the town meant so much to us. We ended up staying at Amor de Mar, and the owner knew we were students so she was willing to deduct taxes if we paid in cash.

Everything at the hotel was immaculate. The lighting was perfect, the hammocks were perfect, and coffee was perfect, and the people were genuine and kind. The best part about this hotel is the scenery. The coastline in Montezuma is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life. There are rock formations on the coast that end up making their own little pools. That way, if you're not comfortable swimming in the waves, you can still swim in the ocean water while looking at the gorgeous beaches. It was a remarkable experience, and because of the price point, I would recommend this place for anyone - from students to wealthier couples. Absolute paradise, and we WILL be returning when we go back to Montezuma.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I back packed through Costa Rica for 2 weeks and stayed at hostels for the most part. Half way through the trip I needed to splurge and find myself a nice relaxing place to stay, I couldn't have picked a more beautiful place. There are hammocks for lounging under huge mango trees and lawn chairs to lay out on right where the ocean meets the grass of a gorgeous manicured lawn. Not to mention humming birds and an iguana! This hotel was perfect, clean and comfortable. I was there during the low season so the place was pretty quiet but I did not mind at all because I basically had the place to myself! The walk into the main town was about 8-10 minutes but the views along the way are absolute perfection. This hotel is also located right across the street from the waterfall which is a must see while you are in Montezuma!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We spent 2 nights at Amor de mar, and took a different room for each night.
Rooms are clean, nice, and have a great view of the ocean.
The hotel is located just across the Montezuma waterfall which was very convenient.
Breakfast was not included but we ate there anyway and it was great and reasonably priced.

• Stayed May 2013
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

A wonderful oasis right on the ocean. Lovely grassy grounds filled with hammocks and comfy chairs. Comfortable beds in rooms with wood covered walls and ceilings (try to get one with an ocean view). A delicious breakfast served on a spacious covered deck. Friendly staff. Be entertained by iguanas and basilisk lizards on the sea wall or herons looking for an easy meal. Within easy walking distance of Montezuma's shops and restaurants. One of the best places that we stayed at during our three week trip of Costa Rica.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed six nights at the Amor de Mar and loved it. Our room on the second floor was everything I could have hoped for : simple, beautiful, comfortable, quiet and clean. Just to name a few details : wood paneling, windows on three sides with no screens (not needed), wide and private balcony overlooking the lawns and ocean, artistic and tasteful decor, comfortable bed, good shower, ecological toilet and good air-conditioning. We liked the easy walking distance to town and numerous good restaurants as well as the trail to the falls, so close by. Being a short distance from town, the hotel was generally quiet all day (some traffic noise from the road) and especially quiet at night. We loved the delicious breakfasts, the flowers decorating the tables and myriad attention to details. (Brunch on Sunday was particularly nice, including the best rice and beans I tasted anywhere in Costa Rica). The staff were especially friendly and helpful with suggestions for activities, including snorkeling, tours and places to eat. We were given aloe gel to deal with a sunburn and the staff made arrangements by phone for a tour guide, one day. Did I mention the tidal pool which was such a delight to bathe in at the end of hot day?! In conclusion, relaxing and beautiful place to spend time near beaches and water in CR.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Prescott, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I agree with my daughters review (Casey C)...would add hammock heaven....ocean side patio and garden setting are wonderful, along with tree swing tucked into the trees. Fresh mango smoothy was awesome...with delicious breakfast. The craftsmanship of woodwork and art work are both beautiful. Short walk south found us enjoying a small beach to ourselves. The "soda" just to the south served inexpensive wonderful empanadas. Laundry service is available across the street, don't expect starched and ironed ;) Oh and they had a security guard on site all night, very safe.

Room Tip: We had room #8, ground level. Wonderful ocean breeze and our own patio area, but we mostly used the...