“Great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Los Mangos

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Los Mangos
You added Hotel Los Mangos to your Saves list
Main Street, Montezuma, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Montezuma
Sacramento, California
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great place with comfortable cabanas. The pool was nice. The hotel wasn't as nice as the cabanas.
Right across the street from the best resturant in the country.
It was very calm and quiet.
It was well maintained.
Mucuvv

Room Tip: The individual cabanas are worth the extra 15 dollars over the hotel. Overall this was a very good...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed in a cute cabana at Hotel Los Mangos for seven nights while attending Montezuma Yoga. The setting was very beautiful right in a grove of mango trees, so lots of monkey viewing and falling asleep to the sound of the ocean was very enjoyable. Comfortable bed in a lovely wood cabana, close to great restaurants and the town of Montezuma, couldn't ask for more! Planning to return again next year to enjoy more Costa Rican hospitality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We spent a week in the Hotel Los Mangos this Feb. The hotel has several strong positive points, but as well, few areas needs improvement.
It is hard to compare Los Mangos to other hotels in Costa Rica, as this was the only one we’ve been to, but for USD75 per room, I would imagine a bit more. So the positive about this hotel – definitely location, nature around and ocean view - stunning, as well as the pool area is very clean and relaxing. The room was a bit older, but very clean (cleaners are doing really good job there), spacious and beds are comfy. As it was mentioned on Tripadvisor earlier, we felt that service at the reception could be better. The receptionist in general answered all our questions, but wasn’t too proactive and she didn’t really try to help, even if we asked for a cup of hot water in the morning. One of the weakest points we felt was lack of internet connection. We were on the road for 3 weeks and staying in touch with our families was quite important to us. The signal is ok only around reception and when we sat at a table there, we were asked to leave, as that was hotel’s office. As well we couldn’t connect after 11pm as all was shut down. Again, a problem giving the time zone difference. So overall, we had a good time there, but I guess it was because it is hard not to have a good time in Costa Rica. I think I would check further options before booking a room there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here for the first night of a two night stay in Montezuma. The room was clean and adequate, the grounds are well maintained and the view of the ocean is magnificent. We both enjoyed swimming in the small but very picturesque pool. The owner, who I met the next morning was friendly and helpful with advice about roads, restaurants, etc. Unfortunately, the staff at check-in and through the evening were cold and uninterested in the guests. Our Spanish isn't the best, but it was perfectly adequate everywhere else we went in CR. Internet access is only available near the reception desk, and I was surprised when just before eleven, when we were sitting there, the receptionist (possibly because her friends had left for the evening) shut off the lights and abruptly left without a word. My husband and I were pretty amused. "Guess it's bedtime," we said, but went to swim in the pool instead. Rather than staying for another night, we went into town and got a room for $30/night less. Not quite so pretty, perhaps, but the people were friendly, and we didn't feel like we were a nuisance to the staff. A noticeable exception was the lady who came to clean the area outside the room; she smiled and was very pleasant. It seemed a shame that such an aesthetically pleasing place left us with a slightly negative feeling. No worries though - we got positive again very quickly! I love Costa Rica!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
enjoylifenewyork, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Los Mangos, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hola from Hotel Los Mangos and thank you for your review....we are sorry you had such a unpleasant experience with our receptionist, we are always dedicated to serve you as best we can! We take the feedback of our guests very serious and have hired a new receptionist for the evening shift since there were quite a few complaints lately about the evening shift......We hope this will change the experience for all our new arriving guests and wish all of our guests a very pleasant and relaxed stay with us. So again thanks for sharing and we hope you will come and stay with us again next time :) all the best and sunny regards Hotel Los Mangos
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great place and very quiet, great pool and jacuzzi, we stayed 6 days in bungalow, clean rooms, full of monkeys and mango trees, ocean view, very friendly owner, five minutes walk from Montezuma village and within walking distance of two beaches. The right place for the right money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Aachen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I travelled allover the world allready , but this place has something really special! Starting from the spot inside pure nature with monkeys all around and the beautifull ocean right in front over the cosy clean rooms up to the great pool and jacuzy . The village is 5 min walking , as well as the beaches and waterfalls , the best restaurant in town is opposite! The owners are greek and very charmy and helpfull ! I stayed much longer than I had planned , because they even offering Yogaclasses with oceanview, excellent ! I had the best holidays in a long Time and for a reasonable Price ! Pura Vida ! Thank you!

• Stayed February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I loved it! I stayed in a bungalow amongst a mango grove. I had a few bugs in my room, but what else should one expect in the heart of the jungle. The owner informed me that they don't like using pesticides for enviromental purposes and I thought that was totally reasonable. I just made one with my tiny jungle guest;) The showers were big and the hot water was a welcoming relief after my previous hotel with ice cold water. I was able to lock up my passport in the safe instead of having to try and find a hiding spot or carry it. The receptionist and owner gave me great tips on what to do and where to eat and the sunset yoga was amazing!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Los Mangos? Share your experiences!