“Mic Tolas” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Los Mangos

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Los Mangos
Save Saved
You added Hotel Los Mangos to your Saves list
Main Street, Montezuma, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Montezuma
Brussels, Belgium
“Mic Tolas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great place and very quiet, great pool and jacuzzi, we stayed 6 days in bungalow, clean rooms, full of monkeys and mango trees, ocean view, very friendly owner, five minutes walk from Montezuma village and within walking distance of two beaches. The right place for the right money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Aachen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I travelled allover the world allready , but this place has something really special! Starting from the spot inside pure nature with monkeys all around and the beautifull ocean right in front over the cosy clean rooms up to the great pool and jacuzy . The village is 5 min walking , as well as the beaches and waterfalls , the best restaurant in town is opposite! The owners are greek and very charmy and helpfull ! I stayed much longer than I had planned , because they even offering Yogaclasses with oceanview, excellent ! I had the best holidays in a long Time and for a reasonable Price ! Pura Vida ! Thank you!

• Stayed February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I loved it! I stayed in a bungalow amongst a mango grove. I had a few bugs in my room, but what else should one expect in the heart of the jungle. The owner informed me that they don't like using pesticides for enviromental purposes and I thought that was totally reasonable. I just made one with my tiny jungle guest;) The showers were big and the hot water was a welcoming relief after my previous hotel with ice cold water. I was able to lock up my passport in the safe instead of having to try and find a hiding spot or carry it. The receptionist and owner gave me great tips on what to do and where to eat and the sunset yoga was amazing!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This place is a dump!

The sheets are thread-bare, mattresses are lumpy, plumbing not working, ants throughout, safe that is confusing to work, drapes do not cover the windows, lighting inadequate and lack of electrical plugs.

The manager was indifferent and the owner does not seem to care about these issues....people still come (the dumb or uninformed ones, that is).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
enjoylifenewyork, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Los Mangos, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hola from Hotel Los Mangos, we are sorry to read about your unpleasant stay with us and surprised you didn't come and talk to us to help us make your stay more comfortable. Not sure what you have expected, but as you can see in other reviews we are very much dedicated to give our guests a good service, so they can relax and enjoy their time. We are in the jungle, so certain issues like a few ants or bugs can't be avoided, on the other hand you will see lots of wildlife in our property like monkeys, agoutis, iguanas which makes many of our guests return every year.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Hotel Los Mangos is cute, clean hotel. The rooms were clean, and we had a view of the ocean. It's within walking distance to the center of town, and the ocean. We absolutely loved staying here. If you're looking for fancy, then this isn't the place for you. If you want clean, simple and affordable...go for it. We will be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Thought this would be our dream vacation. Hotel had nice reviews on this site and I was so happy to get reservation during the high season. Then on my first day two people were doing alot of drugs right at the pool!! Immediately went to reception, where a woman with a screaming toddler said so what? I asked for the manager and she said not possible try tomorrow. I said your child is with you and someone at your hotel is doing drugs at the first table in front of the pool, at least 20 minutrs of this went on and judging from the people who walked around him and the people with him I think he was dealing. She said oh ya is your problem.
One hour later and I could not get wifi, and the room- threadbare sheets and a very worn out blanket, curtains not sufficient to actually cover the window, anyone can see in, we checked and every inch of the room is visible and the rooms are on a loud busy road, there is no privacy as the rooms are very very close to each other and you can hear your neighbour's footsteps!!!!! Add to that a safe that does not work and no soap or shampoo. For the high cost of staying here, over $80, there are certain expectations. I write this while the receptionist rocks in a big chair reading a novel with her feet up -ignorance! Drugs being used and dismal accomodations. And one last thing- they overcharge on tours here juat book elsewhere, even the yoga is grossly overpriced. Terrible place!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Plainville, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Los Mangos is in a great location a short walk to the center of the village. We stayed in one of the bungalows, very simple but served us well during our stay. The pool was a nice place to cool off at the end of the day and before changing and getting ready for the evening. The beach was rather rocky and not easy to get into the water without shoes but we found this to be the case for many of the beaches in the area.

Also liked that the rooms had small refrigerators in them. Helped to store snacks and also cold water. Make sure you bring your own shampoo and soap. We received one bar of soap during our stay and it would have been nice if they provided replacements when we were there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Los Mangos? Share your experiences!