“could not ask for more” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Los Mangos

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Los Mangos
You added Hotel Los Mangos to your Saves list
Main Street, Montezuma, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Montezuma
southampton
“could not ask for more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

just returned from a fantastic yoga retreat with some excellent instructors at los mangos. room was simple but very clean and i appriciated the pristine bed sheets and nice towels. the lagoon like pool was sparkling and perfectly set in a naturalistic but nicely maintained garden with shadey mango trees that attracted monkeys to watch while floating around in the late afternoons. great location across the street from a beach, less than 5 min walk to the interesting town, near good resturants

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Winterthur, Schweiz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

great place, no TV in the bungalow.. good shower.. there is also a pool nearby. friendly staff.. bungalow is clean, has also a little fridge. do not be affraid of the noice from the apes.. there also will fall some mango on your bunglalow.. it's about a 5min. walk to be in montezuma town. the hotel is not right in montezuma. If you like it quiet.. best place to hang, and stay in.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Because the room was only $30 we werent expecting much but were totally blow away by everything we did get. Room was rustic, yet cozy, there's a great pool and it faced the beach. We chose a room with a shared bath but you are only sharing with 1 other room and there's no conflict. On the 2nd floor, there are rockers that face the ocean and you go to sleep hearing the waves crash. It's walking distance to downtown Montezuma and Montezuma Falls. We also stayed at another hotel in Sta Teresa with $80 a night rooms and they didn't come close to being Hotel Los Mangos. Los Mangos is very Costa Rican and very peaceful.

• Stayed March 2012
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

After a lovely week long yoga retreat, I made my way down to the beach town of Montezuma to spend a few more days in Paradise. Los Mangos proved to be the perfect find with its cosy bungalows set in gardens bordering on the jungle. Swimming at the beach was made impossible by the arrival of "red tide" so I made good use of the swimming pool where often I would see some of the local wildlife crossing the grounds - including an armadillo!

The bungalow remained cool with the use of the fan, and the hammock and rocking chairs on the private deck were a perfect spot to read or gaze out at the ocean beyond. The housekeeping services were delightful with fresh fluffy towels every morning folded into the shapes of animals and shells. I particularly appreciated the in room safe and the bar fridge where I kept a supply of local fruits and drinks that I purchased at the market in town. There is no restaurant, but the hotel across the street with lovely ocean views served an awesome breakfast.

Los Mangos is perfectly located just outside of town in tranquil gardens, but still an easy walk to enjoy the shops, restaurants and bars of Montezuma. I was alone, but my $90 a night bungalow would have slept 3. Quite a bargain for a few more days in Paradise!

Room Tip: Select a bungalow near the pool.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
North Sandwich, New Hampshire, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Our group yoga retreat at Los Mangos was wonderful! 13 of us enjoyed the gorgeous yoga studio, the beautiful pool overlooking the pacific, and the location of the hotel, which is just outside of the village of Montezuma. As the retreat leader vacationing along with my family, we stayed in a hotel room, and although it was spacious and clean (4 of us shared), had a private bathroom and hot water (very little pressure), I secretly longed to be in a bungalow all week like the rest of my yogis--who loved their accommodations underneath the mango trees. Howler monkeys woke them at sunrise (they loved this), and agoutis and armadillos roamed the mango grove in between their bungalows. One afternoon, a whole bunch of capuchin monkeys rained fruit down on top of the studio, which stopped class, and we all went running out to see them dropping mangos from the branches. One bungalow had a resident iguana who made his perch on the roof every day, sunning himself in the afternoon. It was a lovely place to stay, and I think all 13 of us would return in a heartbeat!! A special thanks to Dagmar, who helped us arrange our yoga retreat there xo

Room Tip: *The bungalows were simple but lovely--a rustic elegance under the canopy of mango trees! *Water pr...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

the hotel is nice enough (pool and yoga a plus) however, these people do NOT care about Customer Satisfaction! I forgot a pair of tiny, sentimentally valuable earrings in the room and after NUMEROUS attempts to get them back, even offering to pay for Shipping back to the US, the owner just plain told me that it was impossible, and that they would hold onto them for 3 months so that I could personally return to the property to retrieve them! I gave them several opportunities, tried my best to negotiate with them, but to no avail. They simply cannot put a pair of studs in an envelope. Very annoying and not how I wanted to remember this place...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
enjoylifenewyork, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Los Mangos, responded to this review, March 10, 2012
Hola,
this is Dagmar from Los Mangos, I just saw your post and spoke with the owner again. Please understand that people forget things all the time and hardly any hotel in the world has the service of sending those items back. However we are sorry that you are so upset and obviously these earrings mean a lot to you, so please provide us with your mailing address and we will make an exception and send them to you. Hope this will make you happy and thanks again for choosing to stay with us on your trip. Please email info to homangos@racsa.co.cr
all the best to you, saludos los mangos hotel
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Our first night at hotel los mangos was a little bit scary getting used to sleeping in the middle of the jungle without ac or windows. However, the owner was very reassuring and there was a security guard that walks around at night. The pool there was my favorite thing about this place. I spent most of my time swimming in it. I also loved the hammock on the porch. One lazy afternoon I sat in that and read for hours.

The location of this hotel was perfect. It was far enough away from the loudness of the central portion of town but still close enough to walk to everything. It is also right near the waterfall. You could walk to everything. We stopped at the supermarket in town and used the fridge in our room to hold beer and water.

In the mornings we saw a lot of monkeys. We saw a pack of white faced monkeys on our second day and howler monkeys on our third day. I would definitely come back!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Los Mangos? Share your experiences!