“Yoga” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ylang Ylang Beach Front Yoga Studio

Ylang Ylang Beach Front Yoga Studio
Montezuma Beach, 700 meters north of the school along the beach, Montezuma, Costa Rica
415-692-5294
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 18 activities in Montezuma
Type: Health Clubs
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Yoga classes are given in our Beach Front Yoga Studio, with an incredible ocean view! Our Walk-in classes are open to everyone (Ylang Ylang guests and non-guests). Private classes also available upon request. We also host Yoga Retreats and Yoga Teacher training.
Sugar Lake, B.C.
“Yoga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Love the setting! Wow! And the classes were awesome too.

Visited March 2012

Los Angeles, California
“Best Yoga Teacher in a Beautiful Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

One of the highlights of my trip to Costa Rica was taking yoga from Ireni. I have tried yoga in the past and never loved it so much. Of course, the location is beautiful...you are facing the beach with the palm trees. I so want to go back for a yoga retreat.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“Relax and enjoy the view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Best place to have a yoga class. The only thing that could have made yoga better is an ocean view and sound of the jungle, and this place has both

Montezuma, Costa Rica
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

This studio is in the most incredible location. I saw horses bathing in the ocean during my asanas. It is magical the teachers are all experienced Yogini's and will meet you at whatever level you are. Don't miss this when you are in Montezuma!

San Francisco, California, United States
“Most Beautiful Place I've ever Done Yoga!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Ylang Ylang Beach Resort has so much to offer, including the most beautiful Yoga Studio I have ever had the pleasure of practicing in, the best restaurant in Montezuma, and the friendliest staff. The studio offers a drop dead ocean view, beautiful hard wood floors, and awesome yoga teachers. I love feeling the ocean breeze during class, and hearing the waves crash, washing over my body. It is relaxing and rejuvenating to be so close to the ocean during my practice.

Yesterday I took Ireni Stamou's Bamboo Beach Yoga class, which was my first time practicing yoga with a Bamboo pole. No surprise to me this class was very grounding as we dug our feet into the warm afternoon sand and discovered what it was like to find balance and strength as our feet dug deeper into the sand. The end of class was more playful as we became one with our bamboo poles we challenged ourselves through a more improvisational exploration and became the Warrior within.

I highly recommend all of these classes to advanced yogis and beginners alike. The teachers are very adept to structuring the class to the different levels in the room.

Namaste!