“Awesome instructors!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 Activities in Montezuma
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Young Vision Surf School is a Costa Rican owned and operated surf school in Montezuma, Costa Rica. International Surf Association (ISA) Certified bilingual surf instructors and Certified Beach Rescue Lifeguards teach you about safety in the water, standing up on the board and catching waves of all sizes. Daily lessons include two hours of instruction, the use of the surf board, rash guard and fresh fruits. Contact us to fulfill your dream of surfing in paradise!
San Francisco, California
“Awesome instructors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I spent the last week working with Manuel, Alvarro, and Sammy - and what an amazing experience it was. I went to CR with the intention of improving my advanced beginning surfing. I wanted to dig out some bad habits, learn better wave choice, and feel more confident on the board. I got all of this and SO MUCH MORE. Manuel read me like a book - and offered simply delivered insightful observations that transformed the way I surf.

I also watched the team teach 10 women to surf in a week. Two of them were out with me past the break on the fifth day - and they were doing really well. The instructors give a lot of patient, personal attention and make sure each person is learning the right way to surf AND having fun doing it.

Most of all, these guys make you feel really comfortable and at home, part of the gang. They have a sweet, supportive, happy way about them that embodies everything I believe surfing to be about. Plus - those guys can rip it up.

If you are in CR, on the Nicoya peninsula, seek these guys out. They are local, they've grown up on the breaks there. You really can't find a better deal or a better experience.

Visited April 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were in Montezuma at the end of February as a group of 4 friends - none of us had ever surfed before and we we were all standing up before the half way point in the lesson!

The lessons are in the stunning location and the instructors were awesome. The fruit provided was delicious and re-energized us for the second part of the morning.

Would highly recommend the intro surfing lesson for people of all ages!

Visited February 2014
Huntington Beach, California
“Do not miss this opportunity with these people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

What's it like to get seriously hurt while under the instruction and care of these people???
I was in the advanced class with only one other student, and the board hit my face on the bottom turn... just a fluke. The conditions were calm and some of the best I've ever been in.

Manuel had complete control of the situation, and in regards to first aid, calmly knew how to handle it. In the heat of the moment, I felt safe with him, and I was. After immediate care in the water, he took me to the doctor and waited along with Aaron, being sure to keep my spirits bright. They were with me from the second it hit to the very end.

I spent all of my time with Manuel in the advanced classes, and continued to surf after stitches to the lip and injury to my nose. I learned more from him in 5 days than most of the instructors I have spent thousands of dollars on. You will not feel like you are being instructed. You will have a great time and learn at the same time. He is very experienced, and he provides extra knowledge about safety, your surroundings, the history in the area, psychology of surf and more. Manuel made my trip better than any surf trip I ever had due to his heart and spirit.

I surfed with Sammy, Albero, Suzanna and a few others on my first day... and I watched them teach the other 15 girls I was with who never touched a board in their life. I never saw people learn so fast in my life & I see it every day in in Cali. These girls were catching their own 3 foot waves on the first, second and third day. They are UNDERPRICED from their competitors in their area and all over the world, so don't be shy on the tips! And there is no beach mentality when it comes to efficiency! They are on time, prepared, boards ready an ready to go with no errors the entire week! Nothing forgotten!

There is NO reason to shop or consider anyone else for safety reasons alone... but I will tell you that you will leave with a heavy heart for these people at the same time. They really care, they really teach you a lot, they give you much more information that anyone I've ever surfed with, and they will make you feel comfortable and make you laugh. Enjoy!

Visited April 2014
Duluth, Minnesota
“We're addicted!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We had one-on-one instruction and were standing up and surfing within 10 minutes of touching the water! The whole day was so special. From hiking along the beach to our surf spot, drinking from coconuts during our break, eating fresh fruit after an exhausting surf session, to learning about the history and culture of this region of Costa Rica. It was an awesome experience and I can't wait to surf again!

Visited March 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Great time with our instructor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Our instructor Sami was great. He took the right amount of time to explain the basics of surfing. They take good care of you. An overall great experience.

Visited March 2014