“Fantastic Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 23 Activities in Montezuma
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Young Vision Surf School is a Costa Rican owned and operated surf school in Montezuma, Costa Rica. International Surf Association (ISA) Certified bilingual surf instructors and Certified Beach Rescue Lifeguards teach you about safety in the water, standing up on the board and catching waves of all sizes. Daily lessons include two hours of instruction, the use of the surf board, rash guard and fresh fruits. Contact us to fulfill your dream of surfing in paradise!
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were in Montezuma at the end of February as a group of 4 friends - none of us had ever surfed before and we we were all standing up before the half way point in the lesson!

The lessons are in the stunning location and the instructors were awesome. The fruit provided was delicious and re-energized us for the second part of the morning.

Would highly recommend the intro surfing lesson for people of all ages!

Visited February 2014

Huntington Beach, California
“Do not miss this opportunity with these people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

What's it like to get seriously hurt while under the instruction and care of these people???
I was in the advanced class with only one other student, and the board hit my face on the bottom turn... just a fluke. The conditions were calm and some of the best I've ever been in.

Manuel had complete control of the situation, and in regards to first aid, calmly knew how to handle it. In the heat of the moment, I felt safe with him, and I was. After immediate care in the water, he took me to the doctor and waited along with Aaron, being sure to keep my spirits bright. They were with me from the second it hit to the very end.

I spent all of my time with Manuel in the advanced classes, and continued to surf after stitches to the lip and injury to my nose. I learned more from him in 5 days than most of the instructors I have spent thousands of dollars on. You will not feel like you are being instructed. You will have a great time and learn at the same time. He is very experienced, and he provides extra knowledge about safety, your surroundings, the history in the area, psychology of surf and more. Manuel made my trip better than any surf trip I ever had due to his heart and spirit.

I surfed with Sammy, Albero, Suzanna and a few others on my first day... and I watched them teach the other 15 girls I was with who never touched a board in their life. I never saw people learn so fast in my life & I see it every day in in Cali. These girls were catching their own 3 foot waves on the first, second and third day. They are UNDERPRICED from their competitors in their area and all over the world, so don't be shy on the tips! And there is no beach mentality when it comes to efficiency! They are on time, prepared, boards ready an ready to go with no errors the entire week! Nothing forgotten!

There is NO reason to shop or consider anyone else for safety reasons alone... but I will tell you that you will leave with a heavy heart for these people at the same time. They really care, they really teach you a lot, they give you much more information that anyone I've ever surfed with, and they will make you feel comfortable and make you laugh. Enjoy!

Visited April 2014
Duluth, Minnesota
“We're addicted!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We had one-on-one instruction and were standing up and surfing within 10 minutes of touching the water! The whole day was so special. From hiking along the beach to our surf spot, drinking from coconuts during our break, eating fresh fruit after an exhausting surf session, to learning about the history and culture of this region of Costa Rica. It was an awesome experience and I can't wait to surf again!

Visited March 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Great time with our instructor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Our instructor Sami was great. He took the right amount of time to explain the basics of surfing. They take good care of you. An overall great experience.

Visited March 2014
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Get addicted to surfing with the help of these amazing surfinstructors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I never surfed before but with the help of the instructors I learned quickly. Because they have a small amount of students per instructor you get good direct feedback and learn super quick. They are experienced teachers with a good eye for things you can improve and with the capability of explaining this clearly. Besides, they create a great atmosphere in which you feel welcome. Every student will get good instruction adjusted to their own skills, they are very helpful and motivating to those who might lag some skills as much as to those who are natural talents.To make it even better they arrange the surf lessons on a beautiful beach that is surround by amazingly beautiful nature. Albaro, Manuel and Young Vision Surf School thanks a lot for this wonderful experience!

Visited February 2014