“LOOK NO FURTHER!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 activities in Montezuma
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Young Vision Surf School is a Costa Rican owned and operated surf school in Montezuma, Costa Rica. International Surf Association (ISA) Certified bilingual surf instructors and Certified Beach Rescue Lifeguards teach you about safety in the water, standing up on the board and catching waves of all sizes. Daily lessons include two hours of instruction, the use of the surf board, rash guard and fresh fruits. Contact us to fulfill your dream of surfing in paradise!
Madison, Wisconsin
“LOOK NO FURTHER!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Young Vision Surf School is the real deal!. Whether you are a beginner (me) or an experienced surfer, Alvaro and Manuel will see to it that you have the time of your life.........These guys are extremely conscientious, great instructors, proud of their heritage, and love what they do. I got up on my first try and did my best to make them proud for the next four days. As a beginner I always felt secure with their professional, one-on-one instruction. They are so joyful, down-to-earth, and fun to be around. Always had fresh watermelon and pineapple for us; and one day climbed the coconut trees to serve us fresh juice! I look forward to coming back to acquire more skills in the future. Pura Vida

Visited April 2013

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
“"BEST DAY(S) EVER!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Look no further! Manuel not only made dreams come true for our girls only trip where one girl's bucket list got a check for surfing in Costa Rica but he was the best tour guide and took excellent care of four American women far away from home. Making our reservations with Leah before we left were easy and clear. Manuel went way way way out of his way to make sure we had the Best Day Ever! He went above and beyond what was expected! I have no doubt that if you book with Young Vision Surf School all your dreams will come true as well! Please feel free to message me if you want.

Visited April 2013
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Youth Vision surf school. Great teachers Nice guys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

These lads are local and are born and bred on these beaches. They know the coastline like an extended family and I really felt I got the most useful and effective surf lessons Ive ever had from the instructors Alvaro and Manuel at Youth Vision.
Whether your a none too fit 43 year old like me or a 8 year old kid, these boys will have you riding waves in no time.

Los Angeles, California
“Amazing Instruction, Beautiful People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

As someone who had never surfed before, I was excited to get in the water, but a bit skeptical of my abilities. Alvaro and Manuel are wonderful instructors, who really gave me specific feedback and helped me improve each time I rode a wave. It was incredibly fun - we started on small waves and all 10 of us were standing with in an hour of instruction. When we were back to the beach, Alvaro and Manuel kept us nourished with fresh pineapple and watermelon.

If you wonder why there are so many excellent reviews on this site, i think it's because in addition to being excellent, professional surf instructors, both Alvaro and Manuel are such salt of the earth, good people. They grew up in Montezuma and started this school on their own - and anyone who meets them, surfs with them wants them to wildly succeed. I know they will and can't wait to get down again and pick up some more surfing skills.

Eddie

Morcote, Ticino, Switzerland
“Surfing & Patience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Hi,
Apart from all the fantastic surf lesson, the progress I managed by the help of these fantastic guys, Manuel and Alvaro I would like to thank for all the unfailing support, the continuous encouragement and the tremendous patience during those 5 days. One day I was very disappointed and angry at myself. For some reason I could not stand up on the board and I did not understand what I was doing wrong and how I could improve. I got about 10-15 minutes tailor made private talk with Manuel, where he not only explained how to change from a technical point of view, but also how to listen to the waves and wait for the right moment to go! Thank you! I hope to see you soon again! Pura Vida!
BTW: the fresh fruits are are the best addition - refreshing and keep u going!