“Amazing Instruction, Beautiful People” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 23 Activities in Montezuma
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Young Vision Surf School is a Costa Rican owned and operated surf school in Montezuma, Costa Rica. International Surf Association (ISA) Certified bilingual surf instructors and Certified Beach Rescue Lifeguards teach you about safety in the water, standing up on the board and catching waves of all sizes. Daily lessons include two hours of instruction, the use of the surf board, rash guard and fresh fruits. Contact us to fulfill your dream of surfing in paradise!
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing Instruction, Beautiful People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

As someone who had never surfed before, I was excited to get in the water, but a bit skeptical of my abilities. Alvaro and Manuel are wonderful instructors, who really gave me specific feedback and helped me improve each time I rode a wave. It was incredibly fun - we started on small waves and all 10 of us were standing with in an hour of instruction. When we were back to the beach, Alvaro and Manuel kept us nourished with fresh pineapple and watermelon.

If you wonder why there are so many excellent reviews on this site, i think it's because in addition to being excellent, professional surf instructors, both Alvaro and Manuel are such salt of the earth, good people. They grew up in Montezuma and started this school on their own - and anyone who meets them, surfs with them wants them to wildly succeed. I know they will and can't wait to get down again and pick up some more surfing skills.

Eddie

Morcote, Ticino, Switzerland
“Surfing & Patience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Hi,
Apart from all the fantastic surf lesson, the progress I managed by the help of these fantastic guys, Manuel and Alvaro I would like to thank for all the unfailing support, the continuous encouragement and the tremendous patience during those 5 days. One day I was very disappointed and angry at myself. For some reason I could not stand up on the board and I did not understand what I was doing wrong and how I could improve. I got about 10-15 minutes tailor made private talk with Manuel, where he not only explained how to change from a technical point of view, but also how to listen to the waves and wait for the right moment to go! Thank you! I hope to see you soon again! Pura Vida!
BTW: the fresh fruits are are the best addition - refreshing and keep u going!

Boulder, Colorado, United States
“Amazing People!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I am so grateful to all the guys who instructed me and the people I was with for a week. Such a super, down to earth group. Really got us all up and catching some action. Clear and thorough instruction. If you have any desire to learn surfing or have fun this committed group is the ticket! We were all so well taken care of. Beautiful beach walk filled with good stories and informative info on the area. This group was super professional and catered to all our different levels, what amazing patience. They all work hard and make it happen. If you are in the area there is no question...take a lesson! These guys make it so approachable....you'll be up in no time! Much gratitude to Alvaro, Manuel, Sammi and Carlos! Thank you for an amazing time!!!

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Stop the Search”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

You’ve found it, Young Vision is the best. You will have both great surf lessons & a great time. The fresh fruit & coconut water at the break is perfect to keep you going. Manuel & Alvaro are truly committed to your learning and enjoyment no matter if you are a first timer, a novice, or beyond. In addition to the surfing, it is fun to hang out with them and they let you know all about the area. I have been surfing for 10 years. Others in our group were in the water for the first time. They were all standing in the 1st session and raving about the lessons. The instructors tailor the lesson to you. I saw my surfing improve each day with advice, tips and instruction. What’s more is that these guys really care. On one of the days they found a better spot for me that the rest of the group. Manuel took me to this great point break as they knew it would be the best place for me to surf. They really went above and beyond to give me the best experience they could even though it meant more time on their part. Once there, Michael, another great instructor, who was not working that day and was out surfing said, “you are among friends.” It is the truth, the crew at Young Vision is really warm and treats you like a VIP. This quality of service is rare. I simply can’t say enough about them, it is an excellent experience. Gracias amigos.

Visited November 2012
ManuelandAlvaro, Owner at Young Vision Surf School, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thanks for sharing this experience! We're so proud to be able to meet the needs of all different levels of surfers. It is always a pleasure to welcome our students to this special part of paradise, and to share the waves too. Keep up the surfing and come back to see us again. Pura Vida!
Bedford, Massachusetts, United States
“down to earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Brand-new dad Manuel is the real deal. Unpretentious and super nice, he showed us fascinating details in the natural surroundings on the pleasant walk to the special beach nook where his surf school operates. We and the kids were psyched to see the things only a curious person born and raised in the area (or a naturalist - and he is both) would know. He worked his "Manuel Magic," as my daughter referred to it, to push us into perfect waves so that we were able to experience the thrill of standing up on a board for the whole 2 hours of fun in the surf. At the break we were treated to a fresh fruit feast and lots of other surprises I won't mention so as not to spoil your fun.

Visited February 2013
It's so nice to hear this great feedback! Thank you for surfing with us. We had a great time with your family and we're so happy to have been able to show you a little bit of Costa Rican magic. It's always our goal to make sure you enjoy the waves fully and experience a little bit of this beautiful environment too. Come back and surf with us again soon! Pura Vida.