“Amazing People!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 23 Activities in Montezuma
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Young Vision Surf School is a Costa Rican owned and operated surf school in Montezuma, Costa Rica. International Surf Association (ISA) Certified bilingual surf instructors and Certified Beach Rescue Lifeguards teach you about safety in the water, standing up on the board and catching waves of all sizes. Daily lessons include two hours of instruction, the use of the surf board, rash guard and fresh fruits. Contact us to fulfill your dream of surfing in paradise!
Boulder, Colorado, United States
“Amazing People!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I am so grateful to all the guys who instructed me and the people I was with for a week. Such a super, down to earth group. Really got us all up and catching some action. Clear and thorough instruction. If you have any desire to learn surfing or have fun this committed group is the ticket! We were all so well taken care of. Beautiful beach walk filled with good stories and informative info on the area. This group was super professional and catered to all our different levels, what amazing patience. They all work hard and make it happen. If you are in the area there is no question...take a lesson! These guys make it so approachable....you'll be up in no time! Much gratitude to Alvaro, Manuel, Sammi and Carlos! Thank you for an amazing time!!!

Visited March 2013

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Stop the Search”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

You’ve found it, Young Vision is the best. You will have both great surf lessons & a great time. The fresh fruit & coconut water at the break is perfect to keep you going. Manuel & Alvaro are truly committed to your learning and enjoyment no matter if you are a first timer, a novice, or beyond. In addition to the surfing, it is fun to hang out with them and they let you know all about the area. I have been surfing for 10 years. Others in our group were in the water for the first time. They were all standing in the 1st session and raving about the lessons. The instructors tailor the lesson to you. I saw my surfing improve each day with advice, tips and instruction. What’s more is that these guys really care. On one of the days they found a better spot for me that the rest of the group. Manuel took me to this great point break as they knew it would be the best place for me to surf. They really went above and beyond to give me the best experience they could even though it meant more time on their part. Once there, Michael, another great instructor, who was not working that day and was out surfing said, “you are among friends.” It is the truth, the crew at Young Vision is really warm and treats you like a VIP. This quality of service is rare. I simply can’t say enough about them, it is an excellent experience. Gracias amigos.

Visited November 2012
ManuelandAlvaro, Owner at Young Vision Surf School, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thanks for sharing this experience! We're so proud to be able to meet the needs of all different levels of surfers. It is always a pleasure to welcome our students to this special part of paradise, and to share the waves too. Keep up the surfing and come back to see us again. Pura Vida!
Bedford, Massachusetts, United States
“down to earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Brand-new dad Manuel is the real deal. Unpretentious and super nice, he showed us fascinating details in the natural surroundings on the pleasant walk to the special beach nook where his surf school operates. We and the kids were psyched to see the things only a curious person born and raised in the area (or a naturalist - and he is both) would know. He worked his "Manuel Magic," as my daughter referred to it, to push us into perfect waves so that we were able to experience the thrill of standing up on a board for the whole 2 hours of fun in the surf. At the break we were treated to a fresh fruit feast and lots of other surprises I won't mention so as not to spoil your fun.

Visited February 2013
It's so nice to hear this great feedback! Thank you for surfing with us. We had a great time with your family and we're so happy to have been able to show you a little bit of Costa Rican magic. It's always our goal to make sure you enjoy the waves fully and experience a little bit of this beautiful environment too. Come back and surf with us again soon! Pura Vida.
Tallahassee, Florida
“Manuel and Alvaro are amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Manuel and Alvaro were amazing surf instructors! They knew what they were doing, very patient, and very informative. I was a volunteer for ASVO, the turtle program, and they came and picked us up and walked us over to the perfect spot to surf. The beautiful walk through the foliage was not too far from our turtle camp and we enjoyed getting to know them. They brought us fruit and refreshments for the break. I truly enjoyed the surfing day and I would recommend it to anyone who is considering it!

Visited June 2012
ManuelandAlvaro, Owner at Young Vision Surf School, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thanks for this great review! We had a great time surfing with you. We appreciate your work in sea turtle preservation and helping to keep our beaches a beautiful place to be. Pura Vida!
Bend, Oregon, United States
“good times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our surf lesson was amazing, a nice walk down the beach to get the boards. The lesson was perfect all three of us were standing up on waves in the first 20 minutes. then some fruit for a snack then back in the water. A dip in a spring to cool off on the way back made my day. It was one of my favorite days in Costa Rica for sure. Pura Vida

Visited January 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience. We're so proud to have been a part of one of your favorite days and hope you'll surf with us again!