“Manuel and Alvaro are amazing!!” 5 of 5 stars

506-8669-6835
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Young Vision Surf School is a Costa Rican owned and operated surf school in Montezuma, Costa Rica. International Surf Association (ISA) Certified bilingual surf instructors and Certified Beach Rescue Lifeguards teach you about safety in the water, standing up on the board and catching waves of all sizes. Daily lessons include two hours of instruction, the use of the surf board, rash guard and fresh fruits. Contact us to fulfill your dream of surfing in paradise!
Tallahassee, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Manuel and Alvaro are amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Manuel and Alvaro were amazing surf instructors! They knew what they were doing, very patient, and very informative. I was a volunteer for ASVO, the turtle program, and they came and picked us up and walked us over to the perfect spot to surf. The beautiful walk through the foliage was not too far from our turtle camp and we enjoyed getting to know them. They brought us fruit and refreshments for the break. I truly enjoyed the surfing day and I would recommend it to anyone who is considering it!

Visited June 2012
ManuelandAlvaro, Owner at Young Vision Surf School, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thanks for this great review! We had a great time surfing with you. We appreciate your work in sea turtle preservation and helping to keep our beaches a beautiful place to be. Pura Vida!

Bend, Oregon, United States
“good times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our surf lesson was amazing, a nice walk down the beach to get the boards. The lesson was perfect all three of us were standing up on waves in the first 20 minutes. then some fruit for a snack then back in the water. A dip in a spring to cool off on the way back made my day. It was one of my favorite days in Costa Rica for sure. Pura Vida

Visited January 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience. We're so proud to have been a part of one of your favorite days and hope you'll surf with us again!
Boston
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Manny is the MAN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Manny showed up at Ylang Ylang every morning and collected my 16-year-old son and took him off for HOURS of surfing and friendship at a nearby beach. All of the instructors are great and it's usually a good group of folks learning together. Even if conditions are bad, there's still fun to be had: One day when the surfing was no good, he led our entire family on a hike to the waterfall. Prices are very reasonable and you have never felt safer than with this King of the Ticos who hasn't worn shoes since infancy!

Visited December 2012
Thanks for your support! We really enjoyed spending the holidays with your family and we're so happy to have had the chance to show you a bit of Costa Rica. Keep up the surfing and come back soon! Pura Vida!
Chicago,IL
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Manuel, Alvaro and the other guys at Young vision are great. I took 3 lessons from them during my stay in Montezuma and having never surfed before I was happy that I was able to do it on my own a couple times toward the end. They really know what they are doing as teachers and I felt very safe. Thanks guys!!!

Visited January 2013
Crested Butte, CO
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The guys at Young Vision were fantastic! We had so much fun. We surfed as part of Anamaya's Yoga & Surf Retreat and while there was a group of us, it felt like a private lesson. Alvaro was an awesome teacher and as a never-ever surfer, I rode my first wave on day 1. They climbed trees to cut down coconuts for us to drink from during breaks and were attentive and knowledgable.

Visited July 2012