“They made surfing fun and easy!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 activities in Montezuma
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Young Vision Surf School is a Costa Rican owned and operated surf school in Montezuma, Costa Rica. International Surf Association (ISA) Certified bilingual surf instructors and Certified Beach Rescue Lifeguards teach you about safety in the water, standing up on the board and catching waves of all sizes. Daily lessons include two hours of instruction, the use of the surf board, rash guard and fresh fruits. Contact us to fulfill your dream of surfing in paradise!
“They made surfing fun and easy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I spent last week at their surf school. These guys are absolute pros! I'm pretty sure they had our entire group up surfing within 2 hours. Their ability to teach and communicate was second to none. If learning to surf is on your bucket list, look no further! Professional, clean equipment, great fresh fruit, nothing but good times!

New York, New York, United States
“Mani & Alvaro are the ROCK STARS of Surf Instruction!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I LOVE these guys! You can't imagine a more perfect setting: a gorgeous walk to a nearly secluded beach, with gentle waves and a long surf break. And then you are in the best hands imaginable! Manuel and Alvaro take SO MUCH pride in their work: from their carefully set-up surf school flags, to the providing rash guards, boards and hand-picked refreshments served in a lovely drift-wood enclosed alcove they created themselves as a refuge during surf breaks. And then there's there instruction: never have I had two coaches who rooted harder for me, lovingly yet sternly pushed me more to be better, cheered me on, and took personal pride in any of my advancement as a learning surfer. Their feedback was so specific and helpful and they always knew when to take you to the next level. I spent a whole five days with these boys and loved every minute of their enthusiasm and unceasing love for surfing, the water, their environment and their country. I'd go all the way back to Montezuma just to take lessons with them again. This is the best surf school experience I've ever had, and I'm not a beginner but have taken multiple lessons in surf schools in multiple countries. Mani is even the one responsible for finally teaching me how to properly duck-dive - a feat I'd never accomplished before. These guys are FANTASTIC! If you want to learn to surf, you should book a trip out to Costa Rica just to study with them! Woo-hoo!!

Visited March 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Surfing with Miguel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Earlier this month my daughter and I spent a week surfing with Miguel Cespedes of the Young Vision Surf School. Miguel was a terrific companion and teacher. He was inspiring in the best possible way, not just because he had all sorts of technical expertise and was good at passing it on, but because he gave us the confidence and enthusiasm to reach out beyond our bounds. We had the time of our lives.
Henry Milgrom, Denver, Colorado, USA

Visited October 2012
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Best surf and teachers around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

What can I cay, Alvaro and Manuel are the best! Awesome surf with great teachers. By day five the body was sore, but one of the best experiences around. Also, the ladies up at Anamaya loved them. Great drinking with ya all at Anamaya party.

Visited August 2012
San Diego, California, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Go Visit These Guys!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

A great staff that really knows their stuff. We made quick friends with these guys and I can tell you they are the best around. They are great at teaching beginners and will provide everything you need including board, rash guard, and even fresh fruit and water for when you get out of the water. If you are more experienced they will cater to your needs and take you more challenging spots. There are great beaches in Montezuma for surfers of all levels. If you are in the area deffinatly check these guys out and book a trip!

Visited June 2012