“Best place in montezuma” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 32 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Type of cuisine is more a fusion. Includes typical & other varieties of breakfast, lunch has tacos, sandwiches, salads, hamburgers, and dinner has pastas, sandwiches, hamburgers, & daily specials.
Madrid, Spain
“Best place in montezuma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

For me the best place to eat in montezuma!!!homemade food and sandwiches!!the best place to join your friends and have a fresh homemade smoothie and sandwich or burger!!!so tasty!!!The service is excellent!!

Visited December 2012

Burbank, California
“breakfast spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was my one of my favorite breakfast spots,very basic but in the best way. Try the fried yuca with garlic cream sauce with a typical Costa Rican breakfast.

Visited June 2013
Revelstoke, British Columbia, Canada
“Canadian owners.. Yay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stopped to eat here when we saw the Canadian flag painted next to the Costa Rican flag. The sandwiches and fruit smoothies were great. Reasonable prices, good service and a nice chill atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“breakfast of champions! good options and great prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

After a crazy day in the sun with a big sunburn the refuge of Vaca Loca was awesome! Cool pineapple smoothie and the cool polished cement bench was exactly what was needed. Mr. Black the mascot of Vaca Loca was very sweet as well cuddled up for a nap. We cooled and then ate the fish tacos while chatting it up with fellow Torontonian restaurant owner.

The next day we came back for an early breakfast and I had the Pinto Loca- a Costa Rican combo of rice and beans, eggs, avocado and tomatoes, bacon and fresh bread. The basil garlic sauce was incredible. My girlfriend had an avocado and cheese sandwich on fresh baked bread and it was incredible.

Reasonable prices, good atmosphere and delish food! YUM!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“The food was amazing!! But I wish I hadn't seen how they prepared it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

After eating at almost every place in Montezuma, I decided to give Vaca Loca a try on my way back to the B&B from swimming in the ocean. I decided to get the roasted veggie sandwich - just the description alone on the menu was mouth-watering.

I wish I had not witnessed how my sandwich was made, because then I would have never known and had enjoyed the amazing food. The older lady who was making it did not wash her hands, she touched everything in the kitchen (they have an open kitchen, that's why I could see all of this), touched her face, her clothes, etc. while making my sandwich. She also ate a few things off my sandwich while she was preparing it as well. I kept reminding myself that my immune system will take care of whatever was coming my way.

When it came time to pay, the Canadian girl who works there, touched her nostril right before she wrapped up my sandwich, right in front my eyes! No biggie! At this point I was so hungry that I didn't care.

I brought the sandwich back to the B&B and decided to not think about what I had witnessed. I ate the food while chatting with my friends. It was amazing. The garlic sauce really added to the flavor. All that was short-lived when I saw a strand of hair sticking out of my food. Worse food experience in a long time.

• Visited February 2013