“Nom Nom Nom” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 32 restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Type of cuisine is more a fusion. Includes typical & other varieties of breakfast, lunch has tacos, sandwiches, salads, hamburgers, and dinner has pastas, sandwiches, hamburgers, & daily specials.
Curridabat, Costa Rica
“Nom Nom Nom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Delicious! The fish tacos were amazing. The only reason for 4-stars was because all of the reviews made me think the guacamole would be great.. but it wasn't seasoned very well and just by looking at it I could tell there wasn't any fresh cilantro or tomatoes inside of it. Still decent, though, and I showed up 11:30 AM in the slow season so perhaps it wasn't their guacamole's best day.

Service was great, I like people that say "con mucho gusto" after they set down food in front me and I thank them for it.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
Austin, Texas
“Local and American Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I had pancakes for breakfast, which were average. My friend had Huevos Rancheros and she loved it. Service was alright.

Visited August 2012
“Loved the guacamole and tortillas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We loved this place! Probably my favorite in Montezuma. The guacamole and tortillas was the best as were the tacos and the watermelon smoothie!

Great Neck, New York
“Excellent lunch!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We went to Vaca Loca twice, and then my daughter got something to go on our way out of Montezuma the last day. We just stumbled upon this cute little place in a line up of other little cafes and strolled in for lunch. We had salads, veggie sandwich and smoothies (banana passion fruit), and it was so good we couldnt wait to go back the next day!! Everything is prepared fresh and to your liking. The homemade chips are delicious and a must for everyone to try. The owner was so nice and went out of her way for my daughters special request., and her chef was very hardworking. And she supports the local children so make sure to purchase a cow you can decorate and hang up. It's a laid back, easy feeling like the rest of the town, a place you can really just come for good food and conversation and really feel like you belong there. Or at least wish you did!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best food in Montezuma hands down!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Been to Vaca Loca a bunch during our stay in Montezuma and stayed an extra two days because of it! The chips and guac are amazing, as was every other thing we tried! The veggie sandwiches with fresh cut potato chips, veggie tacos, and veggie burgers were outstanding! Make sure to try all of the sauces and ask for a watermelon iced tea which is more like a slushie. So refreshing! I also had her make me a breakfast sandwich seved on fresh Italian bread with hash browns, tomato, avocado, cheese, and of course, I added the sauces to it! Sounds kinda weird, but it was delicious and kept me full all morning. The prices were also relatively cheap compared to everywhere else in Montezuma. This has been the best food I've had while traveling throughout Costa Rica!