“Gimme some more of that casado!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Itasca, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gimme some more of that casado!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Great spot for a reasonably-priced meal. My fiance and I ate at about 10 restaurants in Montezuma, and this had the best cook in our opinion. Large portions, friendly staff, and great flavor will definitely bring us back craving more!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Perth Amboy, New Jersey
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a hole in the wall. But don't let that fool you. Really tasy food, with large portions. It takes a little while because the food is prepared fresh. The sopa azteca is awesome and so were the pork chops. The chicken cassado is another really good dish.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fresno, California
“Dios Mio, so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This place and El Sano Cabano were my absolute favorites. I should actually rate this place as my top favorite since the service is basically instant. Best food I had in Montezuma hands down, and some of the quickest and best service I've ever received period. The first day in Montezuma we had dinner here (ordered a chicken casado) and it was heaven. Did I mention it took about 4 minutes for us to get our food? I love the concept of a cascado, and this is the epitome of one for me. I had breakfast here the morning we left and was concerned because I only had about 30 minutes until our shuttle left. I don't know why, and never again will I doubt! I had the Americano breakfast, the bacon was probably the best I've ever had. And cinnamon syrup? Seriously? It was delicious. Again, very quick service, very friendly staff, DELICIOUS food, and did I also mention probably the cheapest in Montezuma? This place is a gem.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great batidos!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a wonderful little place. The staff were incredible with my kids ( six year old and a 12 year old with special needs). Everyone is super friendly and Make you feel at home. The food was great and reasonably priced.

• Visited June 2013
Puntarenas, Costa Rica
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

great gallo pinto and toasts, pretty neat watermellon shake, excellent service and right on downtown

Visited March 2013