“Great food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Costa Rican
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a hole in the wall. But don't let that fool you. Really tasy food, with large portions. It takes a little while because the food is prepared fresh. The sopa azteca is awesome and so were the pork chops. The chicken cassado is another really good dish.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fresno, California
“Dios Mio, so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This place and El Sano Cabano were my absolute favorites. I should actually rate this place as my top favorite since the service is basically instant. Best food I had in Montezuma hands down, and some of the quickest and best service I've ever received period. The first day in Montezuma we had dinner here (ordered a chicken casado) and it was heaven. Did I mention it took about 4 minutes for us to get our food? I love the concept of a cascado, and this is the epitome of one for me. I had breakfast here the morning we left and was concerned because I only had about 30 minutes until our shuttle left. I don't know why, and never again will I doubt! I had the Americano breakfast, the bacon was probably the best I've ever had. And cinnamon syrup? Seriously? It was delicious. Again, very quick service, very friendly staff, DELICIOUS food, and did I also mention probably the cheapest in Montezuma? This place is a gem.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great batidos!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a wonderful little place. The staff were incredible with my kids ( six year old and a 12 year old with special needs). Everyone is super friendly and Make you feel at home. The food was great and reasonably priced.

• Visited June 2013
Puntarenas, Costa Rica
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

great gallo pinto and toasts, pretty neat watermellon shake, excellent service and right on downtown

Visited March 2013
“Bad batidos, unhygienic kitchen and very unfriendly. Worst exp in a 34days travel through cr,”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Came here based on tripadvisor and i like casados. Batidos mango i toke was made with a very unripe mango. Awfull! Kitchen was dirty as hell. If i had seen it earlier i wouldnt have eaten there! Casado was very uncasado. I dont want pasta in my casado for example. Service was very very unfriendly. Nothing good to say about the place

• Visited July 2013