“Hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 32 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Flavor and wisdom of traditional italian cuisine.... selection of cheese and cold cuts,home made bread and wood-fired pizzas.Fresh pasta,lasagna,veggie fettuccini,sea food spaghetti. Tenderloin,ribeye steak and pork from BBQ,balsamic vinegar "tagliata" with arugula and parmesan,grilled chicken and home made desserts... WIFI-parking area-botanic garden-safe for children
Edmonton, Canada
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

When we travel we love to seek out little "off the beaten path" restaurants . Tierra y Fuego was recommended to us by the a fellow who worked for one of the tour operators in town. Our first visit was nothing short of magical. The owners, Pepe and Monica, have brought a little piece of Northern Italy to Costa Rica along with ambience and flavors of their home country. Did I mention pizza? They have built their own pizza oven and surrounded it with hand made tables and furniture made out of local woods and built, so I'm told, by Pepe himself! Everything about this place is classy and yet informal and friendly. I had their beef tenderloin on both our visits and wished I could have found room for their amazing looking pizzas as well. They had very little choice of wines but their house wine was superb. You'll find mostly locals here as it's a bit out of the way from the tourist restaurants in town.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good pizza, interesting dessert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had a spinach pizza and it was good. I felt it was missing something but I think I just wasn't adventurous enough in choosing my pizza. The dessert I ordered was called salami because it looks like a slice of salami (but is very much not!). If you come here, get the salami!

Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

a little bit of a drive up hill but the food is very good- unfortunately they are closed on random nights

Visited February 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Must go!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We went to the restaurant 2 nights in a row, it was that good.

Simple recipes but pizza and home made pasta are so delicious it's worth the drive up in the woods.

Directions: if driving, head west from Montezuma, pass Los Mangos hotel on the right, go over a small bridge, the first right turn up the steep hill. Steep drive through the woods, there is one left turn then one right, there are small restaurants signs on the both corners. Worth the drive!

new england
“Fantastic once again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

My wife and I visited Tierra y Fuego about 3 years ago on our last trip to CR and have been looking forward to returning ever since. This time we had our children in tow and were there for my wife's birthday dinner. Everything was perfect, just as we had remembered it. Homemade tagliatelle was to die for, pizzas were wonderful and even our somewhat difficult to please teens were blown away. We can't wait to return in a few years!

• Visited February 2014