“Unforgettable!” 5 of 5 stars

10 meters S. Hotel Luna Llena, Montezuma 61111, Costa Rica
506 2642 1256
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: From the moment many people ride their first wave, they are hooked for life. Our mission at Montezuma Surf is to Introduce, Educated, and Train all levels of Surfers from the vast knowledge we have acquired during Decades of Surfing . We offer Friendly, Certified, Bilingual Instruction, while focusing on your Comfort, Safety, and Satisfaction. At Montezuma Surf we pride ourselves on the level of commitment we have towards creating great Surf Adventures. The Southern Nicoya Peninsula, of Costa Rica, is a region unlike any other place on earth. When you arrive in this area, your senses will be flooded with natural beauty, and positive energy. Near the tip of the Peninsula is the slightly funky, and always lively town of Montezuma, a magical and unique Surf Destination. Being on a Peninsula is a great advantage for Surfing, as we can surf a wide variety of waves. And if the Surf is too small, too big, or too windy on one side of the Peninsula, we can usually find Perfect Surf on the other side.
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

The one and only day that it rained on our vacation we had our surf lesson booked. My wife was nervous about the conditions and I was thinking we're going to get wet anyway, so lets go for it!
Chris the surf instructor showed up on time with two surfboards and was able to put my wife at ease with his vast knowledge of weather, waves and surfing. Away we go!
Howler monkeys followed us up in the canopy on our twenty minute hike through the jungle and along the beach to Playa Grande. Once we arrived at Playa Grande (a great beach for beginners) it stopped raining.
Chris began the lesson with the basics and a strong emphasis on safety. In no time at all with Chris's Zen like teaching skills my wife and I were surfing! Chris's ability to assess and instill confidence in a calm friendly manner really made for a unforgettable day. Many Thanks!

Visited April 2011

Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best surf lesson ever !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

we were both surfing for the first time with my boyfriend and someone recommended us Chris, from the Montezuma surf school. I was really scared cause the waves in Costa rica are huge !! But as soon as we met Chris, things went perfectly ! He brought us on a fantastic quiet playa, playa grande, with perfect waves, explained us everything clearly, with fun :-)
Finally, i got very excited to go and try in the sea and Chris stayed with us in the water during all the session: helping us with the surf, bringing us on good small waves, pushing the surf, working with us to make it successfull ... and we did very well very quickly !
Good vibes !! Thanks to him, I want to buy a surf and practice the more than I can !

Visited March 2011